Let's not start 20 different threads on this please....
Yes it's that time of year people!! The start of the hunting season is right around the corner, and with that, the annual Traveling DHC Decoys!!
Season dates should be set real soon...look them up ASAP for your state!This is a Sign up thread-read the entire post before responding please.
This years Traveling Decoy will be a regular sized Redhead Decoy donated by Bigger Water Decoys
. The Deek is in the mail and should arrive any day now. I will post more pics. when it arrives.
O.K., here are the rules for this year....pretty much the same as last year...
If you are interested in hunting over the 2013-2014 Mississippi flyway traveling deek this season, please post up on this thread.
This is for the Mississippi flyway ONLY
, if you hunt in the Miss. flyway-you can sign up for the deek. Mississippi Flyway States(Alabama, Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Tennessee and Wisconsin)
Here is a map of the flyways:Requirements are that you must have at least 300 posts or been a member for at least a year. Also, you must check in to DHC at least once a week so that you can keep up with the scheduling. things move fast as the season gets close and people get shifted around, we need you to be able to answer questions on changes in dates quickly-otherwise you might get left out. It's up to you to check in and be sure you can hunt over the deek during your season dates. Also-there is a cost to hunting over the traveling deeks. You are responsible for the shipping cost to the next member on the list! DO NOT SIGN UP IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO PAY IT.
These requirements are in place to assure that members in good standing qualify for the deek. If you are new to DHC, stick around and you will get a chance next season. The interest in hunting over this deek is always high.
O.K., here are the ground rules...
1. The deek will be shipped out on Mondays, received by the next guy in line on prob. thursday to give him time to hunt over
the deek on the weekend. please try to ship it out before 10 am and keep in touch with the next guy in line to work things out between each other.
2. Try and schedule a hunt with fellow DHC members in your area so that more people can hunt over the deek. You do not have to take them to your #1 honey hole if you do not want to. pick a public marsh if possible and have fun with it.
3. I will try and find a journal to send out with the deek like last year, and everyone can throw a little somethin in the box that's unique to that hunt.
4. We will hunt early teal/goose over the deek and late season goose. If you want to hunt over the deek, I need your season dates for scheduling. No exceptions. If you wanna hunt over the deek, look up your season dates and post them up on this thread along with the state you hunt in
, don't expect me to do it for you. Please do not pm me your dates
it will be easier for me to scroll through this thread to find them rather than clicking on a bunch of pms. And don't forget early season...we need guys to hunt over it then too.
5. I'm going to do my best to keep the deek traveling North-South with the migration, with the mailing distances as short as possible to keep mailing costs to a minimum. You may not get the deek at optimum hunt time when the migration comes though. People that have scheduled more than 2 DHC members to hunt over the deek will be given preference
, so do try to schedule a hunt with other members. Conflicts will be resolved as best as possible, don't get butt-hurt if you don't get the dates you want. After the schedule is set, you can horse trade among yourselves for date changes if you want...just post up the changes to the schedule on this thread.
6. Everyone must swap phone numbers with the guy before you and after you so we can contact each other about when the deek is shipped and so no one falls off the map again. And if you will be unable to log in to DHC when you have the deek, please post up ahead of time and let us know. This will make the handoff's much easier. Thanks guys!
7. I'm going to post the list after a few weeks. It will be added to the bottom of this post and we'll go from there.
Looking forward to another exciting season with the traveling deeks!!
Hope I didn't forget anything...
(Aug. 31), Sept. 1
14,15 Comeaux Louisiana
21, 22 Westtennduckhunter + 3 DHC members
28, 29 Beretta24 & group
4,5 - beretta24 + 2 DHC members
12,13 Woodywiffing & Botiz Michigan
19,20 Jaysweet, Illinois
26,27 Spinnerman, Illinois
2,3 18javelin Indiana
9,10 Weston81 Missouri
16,17 Blackcloud870 Illinois
23,24 Byers Farms + 3 DHC memebers
30, Dec 1 t_baker, OHIODUCKA5, possibly botiz
7,8 Mitchmc (Arkansas)
14,15 Inda Bros. and Preacher1011
21,22 (someone close due to holiday mail constraints or an open weekend to mail deek for the 28th/29th)
28,29 bmoy1920, CrazyDrake, and 2 other DHC members Arkansas...
4,5 Byers Farms and a motley crew DHC HUNT
Ark. (someone post up to handle the deek for that weekend at the farm)
11,12 KyFowl20 Kentucky
18,19 Luladucks1 mississippi
25,26 Humpbackshooter Ark.
March Conservation goose.....
29,30Indabros + Preacher1011 Louisiana possibly Bayou boy as well....
Woody & Botiz630 MI South (3) Zone Dates: Oct12-Dec8 & Dec28-29 beretta24 + 2 DHC members
MN Sept. 28th-Nov. 31
18javelin IN (Nov 30th- Jan 20ish)Byers Farms + 3 DHC members
Arkansas (Nov 23-dec 1 Dec 5-24 Dec 26- jan 26)Westtennduckhunter + 3 DHC members
Arkansast_baker, OHIODUCKA5, possibly botiz
MODuckkiller IL Southern Zone: Nov. 28 thru Jan. 26.
Comeaux La. teal opener Sept. 14/15