2013-2014 MISS. FLYWAY TRAVELING DECOY

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Re: 2013-2014 MISS. FLYWAY TRAVELING DECOY

Postby CrazyDrake » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:07 am

Fantastic job! Rambler CAN decoy some birds! :grooving:
CrazyDrake
hunter

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:47 am

Blackcloud870 wrote:I will say that so far, Woody's souvenir is the most unique and thoughtful that I've seen with a traveling decoy to date. I'm not sure how I can/will match that. I will let Woody tell you all what he sent along with the deek. It's actually pretty neat so, well done Woodrow :clapping:

My addition to Ginger's collection of "party favors" was a "piece of Michigan" and her glorious shore lines.

An unpolished Petoskey Stone (the state stone of Michigan) along with a short article detailing the history/geology of Petoskey Stones. As far as I know Petoskey Stones are unique to Michigan, i could be wrong though.

For those who don't know what a Petoskey Stone is...
A Petoskey stone is a rock and a fossil, often pebble-shaped, that is composed of a fossilized coral, Hexagonaria percarinata.[1] The stones were formed as a result of glaciation, in which sheets of ice plucked stones from the bedrock, grinding off their rough edges and depositing them in the northwestern (and some in the northeastern) portion of Michigan's lower peninsula. In those same areas of Michigan, complete fossilized coral colony heads can be found in the source rocks for the Petoskey stones.

Petoskey stones are found in the Gravel Point Formation of the Traverse Group. They are fragments of a coral reef that was originally deposited during the Devonian period. [1] When dry, the stone resembles ordinary limestone but when wet or polished using lapidary techniques, the distinctive mottled pattern of the six-sided coral fossils emerges. It is sometimes made into decorative objects. Other forms of fossilized coral are also found in the same location.

Unpolished^^

Polished or wet^^
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby t_baker » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:26 pm

I am no rock guy but that is pretty awesome.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
t_baker
hunter

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:02 pm

t_baker wrote:I am no rock guy but that is pretty awesome.

You prefer to smoke your rocks?
teddysberna wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:Did you get his autograph?

I thought about getting him to sign my cleavage, but decided against it at the last moment.
Westtennduckhunter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:04 pm

Woody, I thought that was pretty cool :thumbsup:
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby t_baker » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:12 pm

Westtennduckhunter wrote:
t_baker wrote:I am no rock guy but that is pretty awesome.

You prefer to smoke your rocks?

Nah, I am a powder type of guy.
t_baker
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:14 pm

yep, very cool Woody.. :thumbsup:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:15 pm

I just realized that I'm about 74 posts from 50,000.....

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby beretta24 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:18 pm

We all have high expectations, but don't break DHC when you get there.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:32 pm

That's cool Woody
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby mitchmc » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:17 pm

Awesome job BC!!!!! you have set the bar high for all of us that will follow.... :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
YOU GOT TO BUST UM IN THE LIPS!!
mitchmc
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:25 pm

Looks like Ginga is on her way here. She'll be enjoying the company of four DHC members and some other guests. In addition to all that awesomeness she'll be celebrating our 60th birthday on Saturday. Cake and hats for all.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby Papachessie » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:30 pm

Legendary Papachessie? I'm assuming legendary is another word for old. By the way, Blackcloud left out a key part of the story. While the "tornady" weather was upon us that we managed to beat to the boat launch by a whopping 30 seconds, he couldn't find the keys to the truck. So after 3 trips back to the boat that his dad and I (the old guys) kept from blowing to Indiana, he finally figured out which pocket they were in. No biggy, a little lightning and hail never hurt anyone. :fingerhead:
And as for BC's crack marksman skills, I must say, a duck crippled by getting his arse shot off doesn't run or swim very far once it hits the water or weeds. :bow: I think at one point it was about 5 in a row downed this way. I guess you must've been tired when you wrote this. Your dad and TWO younger brothers joined us. I must say, anyone would be envious of what a great family you have.
I really was honored to hunt with you guys. You have a hell of a tradition going on. I'd say it rivals anything that goes on south of the Mason Dixon line. You're hunting where the duck hunting tradition truly began. Before it became a southern sport by draining all of our northern wetlands and turning them into crop fields.
I hope you guys can get over this way for an "easy" duck hunt. I watched 2 or 3 :yes: ducks working the cornfield last night. Gonna be ugly this weekend as long as the weather cooperates.

Hey Byers, Don't burn the Petosky stone! :moon:
Jarbo03 wrote:Those two are nothing but life support systems for vaginas
Papachessie
hunter

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:59 pm

Papachessie wrote:Legendary Papachessie? I'm assuming legendary is another word for old. By the way, Blackcloud left out a key part of the story. While the "tornady" weather was upon us that we managed to beat to the boat launch by a whopping 30 seconds, he couldn't find the keys to the truck. So after 3 trips back to the boat that his dad and I (the old guys) kept from blowing to Indiana, he finally figured out which pocket they were in. No biggy, a little lightning and hail never hurt anyone. :fingerhead:
And as for BC's crack marksman skills, I must say, a duck crippled by getting his arse shot off doesn't run or swim very far once it hits the water or weeds. :bow: I think at one point it was about 5 in a row downed this way. I guess you must've been tired when you wrote this. Your dad and TWO younger brothers joined us. I must say, anyone would be envious of what a great family you have.
I really was honored to hunt with you guys. You have a hell of a tradition going on. I'd say it rivals anything that goes on south of the Mason Dixon line. You're hunting where the duck hunting tradition truly began. Before it became a southern sport by draining all of our northern wetlands and turning them into crop fields.
I hope you guys can get over this way for an "easy" duck hunt. I watched 2 or 3 :yes: ducks working the cornfield last night. Gonna be ugly this weekend as long as the weather cooperates.

I lit the flag. Don't put it past me. I enjoy burning things.
teddysberna wrote:

I thought about getting him to sign my cleavage, but decided against it at the last moment.
Westtennduckhunter
hunter

Postby t_baker » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:02 pm

Papachessie wrote:Legendary Papachessie? I'm assuming legendary is another word for old. By the way, Blackcloud left out a key part of the story. While the "tornady" weather was upon us that we managed to beat to the boat launch by a whopping 30 seconds, he couldn't find the keys to the truck. So after 3 trips back to the boat that his dad and I (the old guys) kept from blowing to Indiana, he finally figured out which pocket they were in. No biggy, a little lightning and hail never hurt anyone. :fingerhead:

I enjoy burning things.

We could party

t_baker
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:02 pm

Papachessie wrote: Hey Byers, Don't burn the Petosky stone! :moon:

I know there were 3 if not 4 moderators present for that, and numerous DHC members and I get blamed for it?
:clapping: :clapping:

I guess that's what I get for hosting a party for DHC members. Thanks for the history lesson in duck hunting. I had no idea that we were new at it. :bow:

ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:04 pm

t_baker wrote:

I enjoy burning things.

We could party

I like to party
teddysberna wrote:

Westtennduckhunter
hunter

Postby Papachessie » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:29 pm

ByersFarm wrote:

I know there were 3 if not 4 moderators present for that, and numerous DHC members and I get blamed for it?

I guess that's what I get for hosting a party for DHC members. Thanks for the history lesson in duck hunting. I had no idea that we were new at it. :bow:

Not blaming you. It just happened there. Didn't say you were new at it down there either, just that it used to be just as good up here. Ever seen Everglades of the North? Good show.
Don't be so touchy. All in fun. :beer:
Jarbo03 wrote:Those two are nothing but life support systems for vaginas
Papachessie
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:38 pm

Papachessie wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:

Not blaming you. It just happened there. Didn't say you were new at it down there either, just that it used to be just as good up here. Ever seen Everglades of the North? Good show.
Don't be so touchy. All in fun. :beer:

Says the guy bent out of shape over a rival football stunt. :fingerpt:

ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:41 pm

Can we all be friends?
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:44 pm

Also, westie and baker, I also like to party and burn things.

Im 24 and I still couldn't help but play in the wood stove yesterday.
Attachments
image.jpg
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:12 pm

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:Also, westie and baker, I also like to party and burn things.

But he's had 48 birthday parties.
Holy Molly
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:14 pm

Welcome back Papachessie, you've been missed. :hi:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:17 pm

Botiz630 wrote:
WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:Also, westie and baker, I also like to party and burn things.

But he's had 48 birthday parties.

Jelly aren't ya?
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:25 pm

PM at ya blackcloud.
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole