Any birds?

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

Any birds?

Postby kyfowler » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:32 pm

Guys I will be leaving in two weeks for NoDak. We are staying in Underwood and will hunting Lake Audabon and the surrounding area. Are you killing many birds and what species are you killing and are there many birds in the area.

Thanks,

Kykid
kyfowler
hunter

Postby xfps » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:17 pm

Since the No-Dak boys are silent I can tell you I just got back from bird hunting and there was not alot of waterfowl around Dickinson / Bismarck areas and I talked to some guys that had hunted all waterfowl last week around Devils lake and they got birds but not like years past on Weds morning I saw alot of Snows and Sandhills migrating. For the trip I only shot 6 Gadwalls 2 Teal and 4 Canadas. Granted I just jumped a few spots while I was phesant hunting due to the lack of waterfowl. I also passed on the divers there were alot of Shovlers , Redheads, Scaups, And K-Backs not to mention coots.
xfps
hunter

Postby NDH2OFOWLER » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:29 am

Us Nodak boys arent silent, were just busy out scouting. No, we are not shooting many birds and the birds we are shooting are Gaddy's and a few Mallards. Be ready to put ALOT of windshield time in. This year is nothing even close to the last ten years.
NDH2OFOWLER
hunter

Postby xfps » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:29 pm

I agree. I have slayed birds in years past but this year was quiet on the waterfowl front but man you guys are lucky to have that Bird hunting year around.
xfps
hunter

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting