need hunting partner

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Looking for a Partner

Postby jscheirer » Mon May 13, 2013 3:51 pm

Hello, like the title says I am looking for a hunting buddy who could kind of give me tips on mostly field goose hunting. I live in the Peoria area and have never hunted out of a field for geese. I have equipment, layout blinds and about 4-5 dozen decoys. I'm looking for more experience and if anyone would care to take me under their wing I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks to anyone who responds and willing to give me a shot. -Jake
jscheirer
hunter

Re: Looking for a Partner

Postby berganser » Fri May 17, 2013 12:13 am

I'm 60mi. North or so.
You'll enjoy Field Hunting for Geese :thumbsup:
Hey, Let's go Huntin'!!
Committed Custom Calls! Try one out!!
berganser
hunter

Postby ReaperWaterFowl » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:40 pm

I went to WIU and while I was down there I hunted a lot down in Fulton County. Emiquan is the only public place we hunted. Dont believe there is any field huntin there though, just off shore blinds. Actually there are no blinds, just stakes that you ned to hunt near. Only problem is the water was so low last few years that you couldnt hide anywhere. Layout blinds are your best friend if the water is low. PM me if you want the location. Its a daily drawning deal.
BOW-LOWS PRODUCTIONS PROSTAFF
ReaperWaterFowl
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:51 pm

I'm hetrosexual. Thank you though.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby Blackcloud870 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:14 am

KillerKowalski wrote:I'm metrosexual. Thank you though.

FIFY :hi:

Where you been Kowalski?
threedogs wrote: wrote:One word, Inflatable decoys......

DanJeffandJack wrote:I just drink beer and crush box.

That's how I remain the physical specimen that I am.
Blackcloud870
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:47 pm

Ha! You got the right! Who the heck has lotion in their blind bag?!?? Def not me. :biggrin: Paying taxes and shopping at Aldi since Uncle Sam is taking all money with my OT.

Nah, I usually don't visit here until the season gets closer until I have to pull out my Intermet scout skills. How are ya?
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:48 pm

Ha! You got the right! Who the heck has lotion in their blind bag?!?? Def not me. :biggrin: Paying taxes and shopping at Aldi since Uncle Sam is taking all money with my OT.

Nah, I usually don't visit here until the season gets closer until I have to pull out my Intermet scout skills. How are ya?
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby Blackcloud870 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:47 pm

Living the dream boss! Just re-tied all 12 doz of my duck deeks and now I'm trying to figure out how to convince the Mrs.that a new Phowler Prowler extreme with a new mud motor is imperative to our family's survival. Are you club hunting only this year or are you going to venture out into the great unknown with the rest of us schlups? :yes:

Blackcloud870
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:52 pm

Damn. A lot of knots! I'll keep my four dozen and that's enough. I'm looking for a Grizzly very soon. Need to sell the PT175 first.

I will be club hunting. Hopefully we get drawn for a blind again, but last year that sucked. Thinking of finishing the ice eater. Mght head to South Bend area for duck opener. I have no other resources to hunt water until the fields are cut. Wood duck houses are producing some massive numbers already for hatch. My Dad and I just built and mounted them on Memorial Day. Shocked we already have hens. I lost all my fields except one. I found one last year in Plainfield area but need to go secure it. Made some upgrades for this year. Sold the F150 bought a brand new Jeep and with that bought a 6 x 10 enclosure to haul. Now I need to fill the trailer.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby Blackcloud870 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:07 am

KillerKowalski wrote:Damn. A lot of knots! I'll keep my four dozen and that's enough. I'm looking for a Grizzly very soon. Need to sell the PT175 first.

I will be club hunting. Hopefully we get drawn for a blind again, but last year that sucked. Thinking of finishing the ice eater. Mght head to South Bend area for duck opener. I have no other resources to hunt water until the fields are cut. Wood duck houses are producing some massive numbers already for hatch. My Dad and I just built and mounted them on Memorial Day. Shocked we already have hens. I lost all my fields except one. I found one last year in Plainfield area but need to go secure it. Made some upgrades for this year. Sold the F150 bought a brand new Jeep and with that bought a 6 x 10 enclosure to haul. Now I need to fill the trailer.

Sounds like a busy off season man! Nice work on the Wood Duck housing. Hope you guys see it pay off soon :thumbsup: I'm surprised to see that you were even able to secure some land in PF, talk about competition for land :eek: You guys should/probably do wear them out pretty good though when the weather is right though. If you are looking for some Big Foot Full Bodies, I just saw a guy selling all of his...I will see if I can find that link and send it over to you....

***Edit****
Just got an email from the guy with the pics...PM me your email address and I will send the pics and contact info over to you.

Blackcloud870
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:18 pm

I got PF by knocking on doors. Most the videos and pictures I posted on this forum were from a field just North of the one I got. Pounding the pavement pays off sometimes.

I will send you a message. If they are the right price, I will pick them up.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:24 am

KillerKowalski wrote:I got PF by knocking on doors. Most the videos and pictures I posted on this forum were from a field just North of the one I got. Pounding the pavement pays off sometimes.

I will send you a message. If they are the right price, I will pick them up.

Well done on the PF spot! Hope it pans out for you this season! :thumbsup:
luie b wrote:I think you guys were right.
Feelin' Fowl
hunter

need hunting partner

Postby timberghost812 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:25 am

im tim shelor im looking for a hunting partner for this year and n hopes for many more i have the decoys / blind hay bale type if the land doesnt sell a good spot to hunt get with me here or at my2labs2@yahoo.com yea i have 2 labs also 10 month / 8 month/ in training thank you
timberghost812
hunter

Postby timberghost812 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:32 am

hey bro i live in peoria my self and looking someone my self hope ya still game to go give me a shout n lets go
timberghost812
hunter

Re: need hunting partner

Postby Deuce22 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:40 am

Where are you located? General area should help you connect.
Deuce22
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting