we picked up some ducks

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

we picked up some ducks

Postby duckhuntinsailor » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:35 pm

Hello all, I am new to this site so first I'll introduce myself. I am in the Columbia area and mostly hunt Eagle Bluffs, Grand Pass, or a couple private lakes with an occassional invite to my friends private place up around Palmyra (awesome hunts up there). I am active duty Navy, attending college at MU, and I will become a commissioned officer in Dec after graduation. Then I'm off to Pensacola, Fl for flight school, to become a back seater (like Goose). I love duck hunting and watching my 2 1/2 yr old choc lab, Karmin, work the retrieves.

Anyway, I was bow hunting yesterday next to an 80 ac lake. Around noon starting seeing tons of ducks drop outta the sky. Of course any chance to watch ducks is better than waiting on deer, so I climbed down and snuck over to the lake. I would estimate around 400 came in or were already sitting on the lake in the 30 mins I was setting there. All coming in large groups of 30-60 at a time, most of them were shovelers but there could've been a few other ducks as well. Good luck to all on the youth hunt. Wish I knew a kid and had a place I could take them, unfortunately the land owner where I was won't let me take anyone there.
If you can hit em, Karmin can get em. Once there down, just say back and watch her go!
duckhuntinsailor
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting