My intro

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

My intro

Postby Duckedo » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:22 pm

Hello folks. My name is Brian and I'm moving to Moncks Corner,Sc. I've been a waterfowl hunter since 1984. I've mostly hunted the eastern shores of Virginia and Maryland and I have hunted Reelfoot Lake in Tennessee a bunch too. I plan on getting started on the ducks in Sc as soon as I can get organized. I would love to hear about local groups and clubs that may be able to help me get started. I'm not asking for spots or even general areas. I can scout my own birds but it wouldn't bother me at all to meet a few people that may want to do some hunting. Right now I have a thread posted asking for advice on mud motors so if you have any advice that you don't mind to share with me I would appreciate it.
Duckedo
hunter

Re: My intro

Postby Edge » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:40 am

I can point you in the right direction, if you care to PM me. I grew up hunting Berkley Co. Take a look at Sparkleberry, but you will need a GPS and some bright eyes. There are some good shoots on the Santee delta as well. Also look up Kevin at MudBuddy in Monks Corner, especially if you need a boat, we both have farms in Arkansas and hunt Maryland as well.
Edge
hunter

Postby romeocadet08 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:18 am

Duckedo wrote:... advice on mud motors so if you have any advice that you don't mind to share with me I would appreciate it.

Call Kevin 843-412-5537 or PM me. He's a straight shooter and you'll be very hard-pressed to find another dealer around that can hang as far as pricing and customer service. We deal with Edge, Excel, and Gator trax boats

..as far as MMs go...it's really a Chevy/Ford thing...Here in MC, we have a local pro-drive, gator tail, and go-devil dealerships....and obviously we sale Mudbuddys. All the dealers here in town will be more than glad to take you out on a demo at the drop of a hat. My advice: go to each dealer and drive each name brand and form your own opinions ...each has its pros/cons and it really boils down to what you are trying to "achieve"...they are all fairly in the same price range...they can all get you from point A to point B

I'd be more than glad to take you out on a demo ...

By the way, Welcome to the Lowcountry
romeocadet08
hunter

Postby Duckedo » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:42 pm

Thanks folks. I will check into that as soon as I get settled. Right now I'm still running back and forth from Virginia to South Carolina hauling furniture.
Duckedo
hunter

Postby BurninPowder » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:21 pm

Hey Brian, Just wanted to say welcome to SC. Looks like you've got the answers you were lookin for with this thread. I'm 40mi. north of Columbia between Parr Res. and Lake Murray. If you're ever up this way or need anything just give me a holla.
BurninPowder
hunter

Postby romeocadet08 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:27 am

Duckedo wrote:Thanks folks. I will check into that as soon as I get settled. Right now I'm still running back and forth from Virginia to South Carolina hauling furniture.

I'm off main st in MC behind the library..give me a shout and we'll grab a few beers
romeocadet08
hunter

Postby Duckedo » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:32 pm

I'm not used to the heat yet so a few beers sounds good. It 49 degrees here this morning.
Duckedo
hunter

Postby Edge » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:12 am

One more thing. I am selling my Pro-Drive for half of what they are new. I'm not taking business from Kevin, because that is where I buy my boats. We can take it out for a beer, I mean test drive as well.
Edge
hunter

Postby romeocadet08 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:07 am

Edge wrote:One more thing. I am selling my Pro-Drive for half of what they are new. I'm not taking business from Kevin, because that is where I buy my boats. We can take it out for a beer, I mean test drive as well.

Duckedo^^^ I'd be all over this if I were you. Sounds like to good of a deal to pass on..
romeocadet08
hunter

Postby Duckedo » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:17 pm

Didn't see it thanks for reposting it
Duckedo
hunter

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting