Giving honest hunters a bad name

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, yellowlab

Giving honest hunters a bad name

Postby sixXgun » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:17 pm

http://hutchnews.com/Todaystop/A1--hunting-guide-story

Figured I would post up some relevant Kansas news....and we wonder why people turn us down when we ask for permission to hunt a field.

My opinion is a $250 fine will teach this guy nothing...another reason why people who GUIDE as a business should be required to be licensed, so when they do something stupid like this they can have their license taken away!
I understand making a mistake and crossing a property line you thought you had permission on, but as a guide I feel this kind of thing should never happen, especially admitting you didn't have permission! Your suppose to "GUIDE" people on a legal hunt that's why they pay you, not GUIDE them into a possible lawsuit!

I have personally lost permission on property I had hunted for years due to this outfitter and their disrespect towards the land owner....and guess what now no one can hunt the property! Thanks again!

Been a while since ive posted, that felt kinda good!
sixXgun
hunter

Re: Giving honest hunters a bad name

Postby fowlhunter » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:16 pm

As long as nothing major happens to these guides nothing will change. I've heard of these guys doing this on a regular basis. Guides in Kansas are like the plague. It doesn't cost them anything. They don't have to carry insurance or have a license. Last but certainly not least they can profit off public ground for free!!!!

I talked to the man in charge of public ground in Kansas about this. He said he felt the same way and that I needed to contact the commissioners. I tried three different commissioners several times and never received a call back. Oh well I guess.
"It's better to be hated for who you are than be loved for who you're not"
Van Zandt
fowlhunter
Forum Moderator

Postby sixXgun » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:47 pm

Thanks for sharing fowlhunter. I agree if they had to have insurance and carry a guides license it would keep alot of wanna be guides at home, and would stop alot of unecessary traffic on public land. This outfitter will put himself under before its all done...ha then he can change the name and do it again!
sixXgun
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:06 pm

A fine of 346 dollars, what a joke, This guy should of lost his hunting privileges for 5 years with a 5 year probation after the 5 years was up.
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
hunter

Postby duckdozer » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:24 pm

That fine iweak as hell he can pay for that with another 2 guns in blinds this yr, and paid for them with the guns in the blinds on that hunt.
Aux Lake H Maxine NAVHDA NA Prize 2 103pts
Retrieves Season #1 185
Season #2 197
Mallyard wrote:LOL... Truck+Gas+Basic Knowledge of Waterfowl habits = chance at sucess!
duckdozer
hunter

Postby havocforcer » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:56 pm

Yeah not big fans of these guys.. funny part is they take their crap to Canada and do the same bs every year.
havocforcer
hunter

Postby sixXgun » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:25 am

I wonder if you can guide in Canada with a criminal charge like this one? I bet they forget to tell the outfitter they work for about this!
sixXgun
hunter

Postby TomKat » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:36 am

fowlhunter wrote:As long as nothing major happens to these guides nothing will change. I've heard of these guys doing this on a regular basis. Guides in Kansas are like the plague. It doesn't cost them anything. They don't have to carry insurance or have a license. Last but certainly not least they can profit off public ground for free!!!!

As bas as they are for ducks, they are even worse when it comes to deer.

We need to raise the OOS fees to be on par with South Dakota.
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby cyoung24 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:18 pm

Welcome back TK.
cyoung24
hunter

Postby fowlhunter » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:27 am

TomKat wrote:
fowlhunter wrote:As long as nothing major happens to these guides nothing will change. I've heard of these guys doing this on a regular basis. Guides in Kansas are like the plague. It doesn't cost them anything. They don't have to carry insurance or have a license. Last but certainly not least they can profit off public ground for free!!!!

As bas as they are for ducks, they are even worse when it comes to deer.

We need to raise the OOS fees to be on par with South Dakota.

Unfortunately I've felt the effects of that too. I lost deer hunting ground that I had hunted for 12 years to our local poacher, I mean guide. Between all the leases and low OOS cost, there aren't many safe public grounds for the locals to hunt!!
"It's better to be hated for who you are than be loved for who you're not"
Van Zandt
fowlhunter
Forum Moderator

Postby cluckmeister » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:08 am

Fowlhunter, theres lots of public ground to hunt, I once thought as you did that there just wasn't any public areas to hunt deer, BUT after spending some money for gas and scouting walk in hunting areas, Ive found several nice spots that no one but me hunt. It seems most hunters think the walkin areas are primarily for upland hunters, but there are lots of deer in those areas. BTW be prepared to drive a ways to find these good deer spots, possibly 150 miles minimum.
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting