Alberta in mid oct

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Alberta in mid oct

Postby Joelb58 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:43 pm

Hello-

Can anyone recommend a guide for a mid oct Alberta duck hunt? Also would it be better to target sask that time of year? thks.

Joe
Joelb58
hunter

Re: Alberta in mid oct

Postby War Wagon » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:18 pm

We went many years the 2nd and 3rd weeks of Oct to Sask. Every year we ran into snow, and not light snow either. :fingerpt:
We encountered 10" one year. I'm not saying you will see that amount but ....IT WILL SNOW. Just be ready
War Wagon
hunter

Postby blackduck_killer » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:47 am

Like War wagon said, mid October means its very likely to snow in Alberta and Saskatchewan. You may luck out or you may get buried. I can't recommend any guide services, but there are plenty with websites that should be easy to contact.
blackduck_killer
hunter

Postby bobalong » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:49 pm

Central Ab is pretty good for ducks around then, most of all the northerns will be down then. Claudio Ongaro runs a camp in central AB, one of the best I would say.
http://ongaros.com/
bobalong
hunter

Postby ram4gordon » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:05 pm

north star outfitters neil is a great guy
ram4gordon
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting