SWMO Hunters

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

SWMO Hunters

Postby Jerbo » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:48 pm

So is it just me or does everyone notice this? People watch duck dynasty and buy six decoys and a mojo and think there the best duck Hunters to ever walk the land? They don't let ducks work, can't call, and always walk in thirty minutes before shooting time and set up down wind of you. When I was a new duck hunter I was very respectful of other Hunters. It's beginning to be a joke
Jerbo
Newb

Re: SWMO Hunters

Postby banded66 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:02 pm

I agree with you 100%. I think people have lost touch on what duck hunting is all about. People go and watch TV shows and think there the next big thing. This last year I've ran into people who are just complete a** holes to me.
banded66
Newb

Postby i_willie12 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:51 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: Great first post guys!! :thumbsup:
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Postby PDO » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:13 pm

I am really curious just how many new "duck hunters" will show up at the parks this season after duck dynasty got really hot. Listening to the kazoos go off was already funny enough before this wave.

First words out of anyone's mouth anymore after they find out I am a waterfowler: "You watch Duck Dynasty?" Makes me sick.
PDO
hunter

Postby fireman1293 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:27 pm

Don't get your panties in a wad guys. I'm sure these newbies don't have someone experienced to teach them like we have had. With practice or help, they will get better or they will quit because of cold/bad weather or a bad season. Its a fad and will blow over eventually. This is the problem with hunting public land, you'll always have bad hunters and sky blasters. Duck Dynasty isn't as bad as choke companies telling people they can knock a duck down at 75 yds. I would rather not shoot a lick then shoot birds that far away. Most hunters don't try to learn from what they are hunting in order to be a better/respectful hunter. This is true wether its deer,ducks or turkeys
fireman1293
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting