the new duck commander wannabees

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: birddog crazy, SPatrick, 870shooter

the new duck commander wannabees

Postby swampchicken » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:30 pm

There is only one way to fix these type of hunters. The moment they set up just down wind of your decoys after you yell at them and they still set up then you load a 3" T shot and just shoot and listen for the screams! That is all i have to say about the face paint wearing newbees. Fear for your lives if you think its ok to downwind another hunter!
swampchicken
hunter

Re: the new duck commander wannabees

Postby kingbob04 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:46 pm

Why is it all you old farts have this problem with new people getting in to duck hunting. All it does is bring more money into water fowl conservation. I've hunted public land for 3 years now and have only had trouble with old f***s like you. Maybe you should spot trying to run people off public ground calling it your spot. duck dynasty rules
kingbob04
hunter

Postby swampchicken » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:22 am

Oh my what 3 years of experiance has taught you! You should be more kind to your elders before they put a pop not on your head while you are weaseling into thier spot. And make sure you dont set up to close so they dont shoot you! Dont tell me your one of those "I hunted three yrs I want to save the ducks" types! Hell I will tell it to you strait DU and all the other organizations cannot SAVE ALL THE DUCKS I KILL plain and simple!
swampchicken
hunter

Postby swampchicken » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:27 am

Waterfowl conservation :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
swampchicken
hunter

Postby sehunter1 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:59 am

I don't like the ignorant crowding my spots any more than you but you really shouldn't encourage peppering the newbs. That just makes the duck hunting community as a whole look silly, stupid, and small. Pure and simple, something we love that was once for a select few is now a mainstream fad. But there is nobody to teach the newbs how to do it so they learn all they can from tv and Internet. It's not just duck dynasty's fault. It's anybody that made a video that showed 8 guys shoot a limit edited down to 20 minutes. Next time you feel the urge to pepper someone down wind, offer to let them hunt with you. There's a good bet they aren't jerks, they just didn't know better. I try to offer a hunt to a rookie every year. Normally it doesn't pan out and I end up baby sitting someone that shouldn't hold a gun, but I also met my best huntin buddy that way.
sehunter1
hunter

Postby Kooterx » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:36 am

I have a feeling all you guys who complain about the Newbies, don't remember what it was like to be a Newbie. I started hunting with my Dad when I was 10, we didn't hunt public ground just all his friends spots where before the hunt the old timers would give you lessons in hunting etiquette so as not to piss off fellow hunters and also as a Sportsman. So the first time I went on my own in High school, I made lots of mistakes, probably looked a little fancy in my dads hand me down camo. But its tough to get on a guy for trying a new sport. When I started I wanted to be like my Dad, great shot and great sportsman. All these young guys watch tv like everyone else they see face paint they go to Cabelas and buy the fanciest coat call waders etc. Does that make them bad people? No, it just shoes that our society is one of the biggest best shiniest new, is what we like and want.

Why all the negative talk?

I agree the more the merrier, the articles you read say that waterfowl is a dying or rich mans sport, I think the best thing for the sport is to introduce as many people to it as possible. I no longer hunt public ground but when I did and I set up in the wrong place, nobody ever yelled and then shot T shot at me... One of the guys would come over and say listen, this is how it goes, have you done this before? Let me tell you how to do it without infuriating other hunters. IT WORKS... Be civil and these Newbies will be civil back, they just want to learn. You might get some hot rod that is going to bang away with his new call right next to you and flare birds, Ive had it done. It sucks, but if taught they will then teach the person next to them next time. Isnt this what all the old waterfowlers did? They didn't shoot over guys heads or yell and scream, this is a gentlemans sport lets keep it as such. Just my 2 cents
Kooterx
hunter

Postby missouriducks » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:31 pm

When I hunt public ground I try to get as far away as everyone as possible wether it's a good or bad spot. I absolutely hate when people crowd in on you. Or follow you and try to hunt near you. With the flooding in the south west duck parks I wonder where they will head now?
missouriducks
hunter

Postby BlackFoot777 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:42 pm

I've been duck hunting for over ten years now,(hunting all together for 25) and have been wearing face paint for over ten years now. Does that make me a newbie, just wondering. I hate face masks, they suck. I am always the one calling in our group so my face being covered up is the most important when everyone else looks down. I don't mind if the show gets others into duck hunting, after all, a tv show, a magazine or some sort of advertising got most of us into hunting in the first place. As long as they don't hunt my spots, they are ok.
BlackFoot777
hunter

Postby swampchicken » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:36 pm

Not a newbe but you are in a class of face paint wearers in my opinion. Just dont see why some people still think you have to wear face paint to be able to kill a duck.
swampchicken
hunter

Postby fowlhabit4 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:58 pm

Man the these posts are full of so much hate and anger! Shooting at other hunters?? over a duck?!?!? Take a hard look at who needs out of the sport if this is truly how you would act in the field. You shoot at the wrong fella, and you will need a good life insurance policy.

I take as many newbs as possible every year! To help them avoid making mistakes and running into people like you. I have had people set up on me knowing they were wrong and wouldnt move, and also people who made a simple mistake. It only takes 1 attempt to know whos who. I have made alot of good friends and made some damn fine duck hunters out of some helpless newbies. With that much hate, you might need a season off to reflect on whats important in life. I suggest maybe taking up checkers or knitting. "my fingers hurt"
fowlhabit4
hunter

Postby B.E.Nelli » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:55 am

fowlhabit4 wrote:Man the these posts are full of so much hate and anger! Shooting at other hunters?? over a duck?!?!? Take a hard look at who needs out of the sport if this is truly how you would act in the field. You shoot at the wrong fella, and you will need a good life insurance policy.

I take as many newbs as possible every year! To help them avoid making mistakes and running into people like you. I have had people set up on me knowing they were wrong and wouldnt move, and also people who made a simple mistake. It only takes 1 attempt to know whos who. I have made alot of good friends and made some damn fine duck hunters out of some helpless newbies. With that much hate, you might need a season off to reflect on whats important in life. I suggest maybe taking up checkers or knitting. "my fingers hurt"

Completely agree! Not one single person on this site started out a pro. Regardless of whether it was your dad, an advertisement or the duck dynasty crew that got you interested in the sport, you started out knowing nothing! If you spent more time getting to know these newbs, you can teach them the rights and wrongs of the sport. What sounds like common sense to a veteran, doesnt even cross a newbs mind. Help the sport by improving it, and those around you. Don't act like an elitist and try to keep it to yourself. There are enough ducks for everyone.
B.E.Nelli
hunter

Postby TomKat » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:05 pm

swampchicken wrote:There is only one way to fix these type of hunters. The moment they set up just down wind of your decoys after you yell at them and they still set up then you load a 3" T shot and just shoot and listen for the screams! That is all i have to say about the face paint wearing newbees. Fear for your lives if you think its ok to downwind another hunter!

What you suggest is in fact criminal, and immature at best.

You do not represent the best elements in our sport, or our society with these type of comments.

Did you torture kittens as a child?
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby Simply2Big » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:02 pm

swampchicken wrote:There is only one way to fix these type of hunters. The moment they set up just down wind of your decoys after you yell at them and they still set up then you load a 3" T shot and just shoot and listen for the screams! That is all i have to say about the face paint wearing newbees. Fear for your lives if you think its ok to downwind another hunter!

Are you 12 years old or something? :violin:

If you shot at me all I know is i'd sue you for all $50 you have
Simply2Big
hunter

Postby Duckaholic-Anonymous » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:31 pm

You are the reason duck hunters hate other duck hunters. You paint an image of the guy who walks in the draw area with his face already painted showing up in an 89' Honda civic smelling of booze from the 12 pack of Stag you drank 5 hours earlier.
Duckaholic-Anonymous
hunter

Postby sehunter1 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:17 pm

Duckaholic-Anonymous wrote:

You are the reason duck hunters hate other duck hunters. You paint an image of the guy who walks in the draw area with his face already painted showing up in an 89' Honda civic smelling of booze from the 12 pack of Stag you drank 5 hours earlier.

Friend, say what you want about Swamp or an 89 Honda. But please, leave the Stag out of it. I bet the Stag never tried to run you out of a hunting spot!
sehunter1
hunter

Postby fowlhabit4 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:36 pm

sehunter1 wrote:

Friend, say what you want about Swamp or an 89 Honda. But please, leave the Stag out of it. I bet the Stag never tried to run you out of a hunting spot!

:clapping: :lol: :beer: :lol: :clapping:
fowlhabit4
hunter

Postby sehunter1 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:59 am

fowlhabit4 wrote:
sehunter1 wrote:

:clapping: :lol: :beer: :lol: :clapping:

:thumbsup: :beer:
sehunter1
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:51 pm

Kooterx wrote:I have a feeling all you guys who complain about the Newbies, don't remember what it was like to be a Newbie. I started hunting with my Dad when I was 10, we didn't hunt public ground just all his friends spots where before the hunt the old timers would give you lessons in hunting etiquette so as not to piss off fellow hunters and also as a Sportsman. So the first time I went on my own in High school, I made lots of mistakes, probably looked a little fancy in my dads hand me down camo. But its tough to get on a guy for trying a new sport. When I started I wanted to be like my Dad, great shot and great sportsman. All these young guys watch tv like everyone else they see face paint they go to Cabelas and buy the fanciest coat call waders etc. Does that make them bad people? No, it just shoes that our society is one of the biggest best shiniest new, is what we like and want.

Why all the negative talk?

I agree the more the merrier, the articles you read say that waterfowl is a dying or rich mans sport, I think the best thing for the sport is to introduce as many people to it as possible. I no longer hunt public ground but when I did and I set up in the wrong place, nobody ever yelled and then shot T shot at me... One of the guys would come over and say listen, this is how it goes, have you done this before? Let me tell you how to do it without infuriating other hunters. IT WORKS... Be civil and these Newbies will be civil back, they just want to learn. You might get some hot rod that is going to bang away with his new call right next to you and flare birds, Ive had it done. It sucks, but if taught they will then teach the person next to them next time. Isnt this what all the old waterfowlers did? They didn't shoot over guys heads or yell and scream, this is a gentlemans sport lets keep it as such. Just my 2 cents

Duckaholic-Anonymous wrote:You are the reason duck hunters hate other duck hunters. You paint an image of the guy who walks in the draw area with his face already painted showing up in an 89' Honda civic smelling of booze from the 12 pack of Stag you drank 5 hours earlier.

Simply2Big wrote:Are you 12 years old or something? :violin:

If you shot at me all I know is i'd sue you for all $50 you have

TomKat wrote:What you suggest is in fact criminal, and immature at best.

You do not represent the best elements in our sport, or our society with these type of comments.

Did you torture kittens as a child?

fowlhabit4 wrote:Man the these posts are full of so much hate and anger! Shooting at other hunters?? over a duck?!?!? Take a hard look at who needs out of the sport if this is truly how you would act in the field. You shoot at the wrong fella, and you will need a good life insurance policy.

What you all are failing to realize is that some people are so much better hunters, more privledged because they hunt more, smarter because they have hunted longer, that they should not have to deal with other hunters at all and they resent the fact that anyone else exists, let alone shares a marsh or field with them. We being the inexperienced, underprivledged, dumb people that we are should not even be allowed to call ourselves hunters, let alone partake in the sport and should instantly drop to our knees and bow when one of these much more superior beings walk by us.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: All hail *********** :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Me being the lowlife "weekend warrior" that I am I try and introduce new people to the sport every year.
If I have people set up too close to me on public land I usually walk over and try to explain the error of thier ways. Some learn from it, aplogize, and move on, others refuse to observe proper manners in the field probably continue in the sport and end up like.... others we have all met.

I have killed ducks without face paint. I like to watch the ducks working so I am usually looking up. You can do this if you sit still while looking up but a facemask or paint is just about a must. I prefer facepaint to a mask and have been wearing it way before I had ever heard of the Robinsons. Absolutely necessary, no. Helpful, yes. If this causes some "mighty hunters" to look down on me then all I have to say is, "Hey Jack, it's on like bing bong, I might just start wearing it into the draw!!!!"
Budweiser ProStaff
Team Biscuits and Gravy (no better team exists!)
Victorias Secrets Catalog Model Recruiter
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby swampchicken » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:50 pm

Well 870 and others. I do take youths and new hunters every year to teach them the right way to kill ducks! Many have grown up to be very fine hunters. Finished hovering over the decoys is what it is about for me not a swinging bird or a non committed bird wouldnt even shoot at one if it was in range. And in the very first post I stated that i holler at them which means i walk over to them and talk to them and most conciderate hunters move after they set up to close downwind. What this thread was started for was about the inconcederate nuts that think it is ok and do not care of concideration of any other hunter to downwind a spread and shoot at ducks that are not committed while hindering other hunters because if they would shoot finished ducks it would be peppering the hell out of them! As for an 89 civic you wouldn't catch me riding in one of those kind of like driving a moped I guess :scooter: . And the stag can stay out of it because i dont drink any more because of health issues. :welcome:
swampchicken
hunter

Postby SMcGarrity » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:31 pm

one of the guys in NJ who won the lottery wore a duck commander t-shirt at the press conference today. the duckmen appeal to all members of society and cross all boundaries!

long live the duckmen!
SMcGarrity
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:52 am

This thread has run its course...
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting