Car Hauler as a multipurpose trailer?

A place to talk about decoy trailer setups and ideas.

Car Hauler as a multipurpose trailer?

Postby bnc04 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:31 am

I've been toying with the idea of going a car hauler route to have a 3 purpose trailer since parking space is a premium for me.

Use as a car hauler to transport my 75 bronco to and from trails.
Use as an AT trailer to transport 2 or 3 ATV's for riding and hunting
Build a removable , lockable wood storage box on the front 1/2 to store decoys and haul them , atv and other items to and from the blind.

Anybody ever done this?

PS, I do have an ATV trailer that I built a 6L X 4W X 3H lockable storage box for and place it on the front 1/2 of the trailer for storing 18 big feet and silhouettes in and then carry the bagged dekes in the back with a cargo net over them when I hunt. Then I remove the bagged dekes and keep in the garage until the next trip.

Is a Car hauler too heavy to use effectively in the fields? Anybody have experience with using this type of setup?

Thanks

Brett in Colorado
bnc04
hunter

Re: Car Hauler as a multipurpose trailer?

Postby Black Smoke » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:54 am

I have an 8X16 ft car hauler that is mostly used for hunting but I haul my dad's '34 ford coupe, sleds, fourwheelers, and when hunting about 15 dz decoys and one four wheelers etc. It's not too heavy the only thing I wish I had was wider tires.
Black Smoke
hunter

Re: Car Hauler as a multipurpose trailer?

Postby bnc04 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:27 pm

Black Smoke wrote:I have an 8X16 ft car hauler that is mostly used for hunting but I haul my dad's '34 ford coupe, sleds, fourwheelers, and when hunting about 15 dz decoys and one four wheelers etc. It's not too heavy the only thing I wish I had was wider tires.

Cool, Thanks for the input !
bnc04
hunter

Return to Decoy Trailer Forum