So...where are all these ducks I hear about

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

So...where are all these ducks I hear about

Postby fue2858 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:41 am

Hey guys,
I moved down here in February from eastern PA for work. I've been an avid waterfowl hunter since I was ten and get out as much as I can (usually 4 or 5 days a week, before and after work). since I won't be making the 10 hour trip very often back to the swamps I hunted back home, I was wondering if anyone could help me out and tell me some decent areas to go "beakin". I'm not asking you to tell me where your honey hole is that you have been hunting at since you where a little kid (because I wouldn't either) but, if someone could let me know general areas that are good, I can scout them out and hopefully do alright this season.
Also, if anyone has private land or, knows someone that does, I'm more than willing to help or do work there for hunting privileges. I've worked on farms in my free time back home for archery and duck hunting privileges and, they have turned out to be some of the best spots.

Thanks in advance for any of the help and good luck this upcoming season.

-Alex
fue2858
Newb

Re: So...where are all these ducks I hear about

Postby KyMike » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:24 pm

What part of Ky did you move too?
KyMike
hunter

Postby kysupernova » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:19 pm

Welcome to NODUCKTUCKY... no big ducks till closer to turkey day, unless you scout the local park!
kysupernova
hunter

Postby lablover0929 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:43 am

Just like most waterfowl forums, your going to get the silent treatment. Good luck in these parts trying free labor duck hunting privileges. Might want to start on the ground work now and use the same tools the rest of us use and get busy. Not being rude, its just the way it is. Research and hard work will pay off, but you will have to earn your ducks regardless of where you live in this state. Good luck!
TEAM YELLA DAWG
lablover0929
hunter

Postby fue2858 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:21 pm

Kymike- I'm in Franklin .
I've been out scouting the local creeks and have seen some woodies so as of now looks like ill be jump shooting the creeks this season. Has anyone ever had luck on the barren river? I'm going to try and take the boat out next weekend and check it out.
fue2858
Newb

Postby mmayes » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:17 pm

fue2858 wrote:Kymike- I'm in Franklin .
I've been out scouting the local creeks and have seen some woodies so as of now looks like ill be jump shooting the creeks this season. Has anyone ever had luck on the barren river? I'm going to try and take the boat out next weekend and check it out.

There are a couple of other sites around a guy goes by the handle Smashdn frequents he lives in Franklin seek him out and I am sure he can take you under his wing.

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Postby fue2858 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:50 pm

Thanks for the help mmayes. I'll try and find him. Good luck
fue2858
Newb

Postby lablover0929 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:48 pm

mmayes wrote:

There are a couple of other sites around a guy goes by the handle Smashdn frequents he lives in Franklin seek him out and I am sure he can take you under his wing.

Mayes

LMAO, go ahead and give him the website. This will be great reading over there! How do you like your lamb, medium or medium rare???

And im surprised that nobody hadn't hit this kid with the "they haven't started migrating yet" spill.
TEAM YELLA DAWG
lablover0929
hunter

Postby mmayes » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:28 pm

lablover0929 wrote:
mmayes wrote:

Mayes

LMAO, go ahead and give him the website. This will be great reading over there! How do you like your lamb, medium or medium rare???

And im surprised that nobody hadn't hit this kid with the "they haven't started migrating yet" spill.

I am not sure old Smash is a Lamb eater, but as much stuff as he knows he probably is. :yes:

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Postby lablover0929 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:03 am

mmayes wrote:
lablover0929 wrote:
mmayes wrote:

Mayes

I was speaking more on the lines of leading a lamb to the slaughter. Fresh meat for The preseason. Where are the honey buns???

I am not sure old Smash is a Lamb eater, but as much stuff as he knows he probably is. :yes:

Mayes
TEAM YELLA DAWG
lablover0929
hunter

Postby mmayes » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:58 pm

GOTCHA !!! :biggrin:

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting