silhouettes or fullbodies

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

silhouettes or fullbodies

Postby m3500 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:46 pm

Are silhouettes just as good as full bodies for bringing in geese feet down? Or are they best used to fill in a spread? I've heard that some people use only silhouettes if so I love to hear how good you at killin geese.
Last edited by m3500 on Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
If it flies it dies, if it just sits there it dies too.
m3500
hunter

Re: question about silhouettes

Postby cut_un » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:55 pm

Stared out using em as filler for my full bodies, ,BUT... over time, started out putting more silos,less full bodies> These days, running 6 doz. silos ,adding antoher doz this year. The geese don't seem to mind one bit! And I'm talkin Atlantic Flyway birds too.
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Re: question about silhouettes

Postby m3500 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:14 pm

Thanks for the info. I'm thinking about buying a few dozen I know the early season dumb geese wont care but when it comes to late season and migrants and seasoned geese.
If it flies it dies, if it just sits there it dies too.
m3500
hunter

Re: silhouettes or fullbodies

Postby cut_un » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:07 pm

One thing you need to ask yourself.ya get friends????? if you have plenty of hands, a spread of full bodies will fool just about any goose around. But, if you are hunting alone or with a buddy,maybe putting out big spreads...The silos work great and the geese don't mind ONE BIT :wink:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Re: silhouettes or fullbodies

Postby mayhem96 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:38 pm

Cut definitely knows a thing or two about goose hunting...the best advice I can give you is...take his advice :lol3: :lol3:

I switched to silhouettes last year and was impressed with them. I run anywhere from 1-3 dozen of them mixed in with full bodies and shells but there will be time this year when I just run silos. I really like the Real Geese silos because they are quality and affordable. Get yourself 2 dozen of the Pro II's...you won't be disappointed :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
mayhem96
hunter

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum