Goose huntin all around

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

Goose huntin all around

Postby tuckhunter » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:56 am

Here it is boys ducks almost over, geese are getting heavey geese are a lot smarter you need statiges to kill geese there not like duck but much more difficult I'v kill over 60 duck and 1 goose this year so far but i field hunt for geese and i need to know some stragities to kill some geese i had many fly over yesterday but none can in i have a flag 2 lay down blind and 165 goose decoy but none respond to that i need read help im 16 and in need.
:thumbsup:
tuckhunter
hunter

Postby Giv'em3 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:58 am

For geese it is best to find where the geese are feeding and setup in that same exact spot. It's called finding the "X". Also what kind of deks?
Don't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

If that don't light your Fire, your woods WET!!!!
Giv'em3
hunter

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:18 am

We have not found that you need to be right on the X, but close to it. Saturday some geese flew right over when we were hunting a lake and showed no interest. We hunt another field and it not on the X but in the field next to it that we could get permission to and its close enough to decoy them in.

Then its just Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang. Ok lets get a beer. :salude:
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Postby 98ramtough » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:25 am

These guys hit it on the "X". Goose hunting is all about scouting, go out there the night before and find where they are coming in.
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby duckbuster » Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:28 pm

i recomend watch how there sitting when you ur scouting mimic that exactly or put them in groups fo 3-5 with bout 3ft between each decoy and maky a U out of it. with the opening facing into the wind and lay ur blinds right and the back of the U facing the wind.
duckbuster
hunter

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum