For an airline pilot?

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

For an airline pilot?

Postby Gooseboy » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:48 pm

What do you think a good carry gun would be?
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
User avatar
Gooseboy
Banned
 
Posts: 4741
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:06 pm
Location: OK


Postby bgoldhunter » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:58 am

Are you sure you don't post as Maser on some other sites?
User avatar
bgoldhunter
hunter
 
Posts: 2439
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:46 pm
Location: Missouri

Postby doogie494 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:32 pm

Glock 9mm
Doug
_______________________________________
DougsBlazinBBQ
doogie494
hunter
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:33 pm
Location: Pittsford, VT

Postby Gooseboy » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:40 pm

bgoldhunter wrote:Are you sure you don't post as Maser on some other sites?


me?
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
User avatar
Gooseboy
Banned
 
Posts: 4741
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:06 pm
Location: OK

Postby gone winchester » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:27 pm

Gooseboy wrote:
bgoldhunter wrote:Are you sure you don't post as Maser on some other sites?


me?


No the other person that started the thread :toofunny:

a sawed off 20ga with rubber buckshot
"Please be 18"-Ricky Bobby
User avatar
gone winchester
Banned
 
Posts: 2090
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:27 am
Location: Ohio

Postby gone winchester » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:31 pm

Wouldnt want a stray rd to go through the side of the plane and take it down....

A big ass taser gun would work to :laughing:
"Please be 18"-Ricky Bobby
User avatar
gone winchester
Banned
 
Posts: 2090
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:27 am
Location: Ohio

Postby Boomn4x4 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:41 pm

Yeah... :withstupid: I'm not comfortable with pilots carrying guns on an airplane. If there was a need for protection, I would much rather have a undercover Marshall on board with a gun....
I love my job, it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.
User avatar
Boomn4x4
Membership permanently suspended
 
Posts: 2496
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:54 pm
Location: North Central Ohio

Postby Gooseboy » Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:48 pm

LEAVE ME ALONE! STOP HIJACKING MY THREADS JUST TO GIVE ME CRAP. You obviously dont know anything about planes because one bullet hole in the plane will not bring it down or like the rumors suck people out. Heck 20 bullet holes wouldnt even do that go back to school. The airline sends them through FBI gun training and a bunch of others so just go piss somebody else off.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
User avatar
Gooseboy
Banned
 
Posts: 4741
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:06 pm
Location: OK

Postby Penguine » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:19 pm

Calm down GB. So your telling me a .45 ACP through a window of a plane is not going to cause enough damage to cause serious issue? Hrmm.. ok. NOT. This is not even the proper place to ask such a question. If your dad gets the pilot job, and I am sure we are all hoping he does, the airline will tell him what he is/is not allowed to carry.

Anyway... to test your theory that a single bullet will not bring down an airliner I would recommend that you get a pilots license, take an EMPTY 737 up to cruising altitude, and then pop a round through the front window and see what happens. If that does not work then pop three or four through the body of the plane and wait. A plane cruising at a couple miles up is under a LOT of pressure, allow that pressure to quickly escape and a little hole will turn big, a big hole will turn large, and bad things will happen.
Joel wrote:If God wanted a lab to point he would have gave them a stick.
Penguine
hunter
 
Posts: 1384
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:32 pm

Postby gone winchester » Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:05 pm

I promise you it your up at 30,000 Ft and you pop a couple rounds in a side of a plane there are bad things to happen.

7.62 will go through....perfered round of terrorist.
.45 is going through
.40 is going through
I bet I 9mm will go through......

GB calm down aint nobody Hijacking your thread....I dont know why you asked this question anyways, you should call the airline and not ask us. We dont work at the airline. The airline will say what he can carry if anything.....I dont see why your so upset? You asked, we answered.
Later man :thumbsup:
"Please be 18"-Ricky Bobby
User avatar
gone winchester
Banned
 
Posts: 2090
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:27 am
Location: Ohio

Postby Gooseboy » Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:43 pm

Penguine wrote:Calm down GB. So your telling me a .45 ACP through a window of a plane is not going to cause enough damage to cause serious issue? Hrmm.. ok. NOT. This is not even the proper place to ask such a question. If your dad gets the pilot job, and I am sure we are all hoping he does, the airline will tell him what he is/is not allowed to carry.

Anyway... to test your theory that a single bullet will not bring down an airliner I would recommend that you get a pilots license, take an EMPTY 737 up to cruising altitude, and then pop a round through the front window and see what happens. If that does not work then pop three or four through the body of the plane and wait. A plane cruising at a couple miles up is under a LOT of pressure, allow that pressure to quickly escape and a little hole will turn big, a big hole will turn large, and bad things will happen.


Nope it wont. I know several pilots who have had holes in the plane and nothing happens. Its a common misconsception. Even mythbusters bought an old plane and tested the myth and proved it false. Even with a huge hole the plane didnt explode or anything got sucked out. He did get the job and thats why im asking i dont feel comfortable with all the crap going on and would rather have my dad carrying.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
User avatar
Gooseboy
Banned
 
Posts: 4741
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:06 pm
Location: OK

Postby JSODEP5338 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:22 am

I thought the only people carrying on a plane were air marshalls. When did they allow pilots to be armed? I'm not opposed to it at all, but I thought the FAA didn't allow it.
I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!
User avatar
JSODEP5338
hunter
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:02 pm
Location: MICHIGAN

Postby Ducksbeus » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:28 am

Boxcutter or bazooka :yes: :yes: :yes:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
User avatar
Ducksbeus
hunter
 
Posts: 1419
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:53 am
Location: Horn Lake,Mississippi

Postby Gooseboy » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:46 am

JSODEP5338 wrote:I thought the only people carrying on a plane were air marshalls. When did they allow pilots to be armed? I'm not opposed to it at all, but I thought the FAA didn't allow it.


For a long time. The airlines send them off to training. My dad doesnt see why i want him to carry but i do anyway.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
User avatar
Gooseboy
Banned
 
Posts: 4741
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:06 pm
Location: OK

Postby Michigan » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:05 pm

How about a .45 loaded with those rounds that have lead shot in them?? Also, seeing as your father is a pilot, ask him about putting a bullet hole through the wall of an aitplane and see what he says. :smile:
User avatar
Michigan
hunter
 
Posts: 904
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: Grand Rapids. MI

Postby Gooseboy » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:30 pm

He also told me it was a myth. Along with like 20 other pilots he works with. Do you think if it was true the airlines would be sending pilots to FBI gun training so they can carry on planes?
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
User avatar
Gooseboy
Banned
 
Posts: 4741
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:06 pm
Location: OK

Postby Michigan » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:40 pm

I posed this question to people on a rifle and handgun forum and was told many many many times that air marshals and pilots use special rounds that use some type of material other than lead. It is designed to come apart completely once it enters a target so that it does not go through and harm any passengers.
User avatar
Michigan
hunter
 
Posts: 904
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: Grand Rapids. MI

Postby Gooseboy » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:24 pm

michigan wrote:I posed this question to people on a rifle and handgun forum and was told many many many times that air marshals and pilots use special rounds that use some type of material other than lead. It is designed to come apart completely once it enters a target so that it does not go through and harm any passengers.


Yes i believe that is correct and that the airlines provide it. It is not mandatory to carry but if you ask to they pay for the training and provide everything but the gun.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
User avatar
Gooseboy
Banned
 
Posts: 4741
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:06 pm
Location: OK

Postby JSODEP5338 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:28 am

I am sure there are policies and procedures in place for this type of situation. what calibers are approved and what not. and if so I would hope they provide a list of approved carry guns.
I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!
User avatar
JSODEP5338
hunter
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:02 pm
Location: MICHIGAN

Postby Boomn4x4 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:12 am

I'm not concerned what a hole in the plane will do. What would concern me is a hole in the control panel. A single bullet in the fuselage may not take a plane down, but a hole in the instrument panel sure as heck can! Those is a lot of sensitive equipment in the cockpit. I'd be absolutly willing to bet that the threat of an accidental dischage is far greater than a hostile hijacking.

I don't disagree that there should be someone on the plane carrying a weapon, but the pilot sure as heck shouldn't be.

And Gooseboy.......Don't think for a second that you can post up a contorversial topic and expect EVERYONE to agree with you. And then when someone does disagree with you, your simple solution is to tell them to leave you alone...... I don't think so. if you are going to stick you neck out like that you better be willing to take some heat back.
I love my job, it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.
User avatar
Boomn4x4
Membership permanently suspended
 
Posts: 2496
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:54 pm
Location: North Central Ohio

Postby goosecaller » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:36 am

Maybe they should all carry an SPR 453. That gun is so good it would be able to pick out a potential terrorist on its own.
call 'em in and kill 'em all
goosecaller
hunter
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:26 am
Location: Southeast michigan

Postby Gooseboy » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:59 pm

Boomn4x4 wrote:I'm not concerned what a hole in the plane will do. What would concern me is a hole in the control panel. A single bullet in the fuselage may not take a plane down, but a hole in the instrument panel sure as heck can! Those is a lot of sensitive equipment in the cockpit. I'd be absolutly willing to bet that the threat of an accidental dischage is far greater than a hostile hijacking.

I don't disagree that there should be someone on the plane carrying a weapon, but the pilot sure as heck shouldn't be.

And Gooseboy.......Don't think for a second that you can post up a contorversial topic and expect EVERYONE to agree with you. And then when someone does disagree with you, your simple solution is to tell them to leave you alone...... I don't think so. if you are going to stick you neck out like that you better be willing to take some heat back.


Im not sure about you but most pilots have more common since than to keep a gun cocked with a round in the chamber. If theres no round in the cahmerb its not gonna go off. Did i say BOOM4x4 leave me alone? No. Learn how to read i was talking about comments from winchester and goosecaller they are unneeded. Also yours are also because i didnt ask what you thought about pilots carrying guns so you didnt have to reply in this thread at all but you chose to because you like to push my buttons. Its absoloutly ridicolous you are a grown man and im a 14 year old and when i contact you saying if you leave me alone ill leave you alone and you say well i wont promise anything and you keep looking for arguments.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
User avatar
Gooseboy
Banned
 
Posts: 4741
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:06 pm
Location: OK

Postby Michigan » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:21 pm

I think I'm getting tired of this. If I wanted drama, I woulda joined a soap opera forum.
User avatar
Michigan
hunter
 
Posts: 904
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: Grand Rapids. MI

Postby gone winchester » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:19 pm

Hey GB I suggested the Rubber buckshot because one....it hurts like hell and you will stop anything that is going to happen really fast. Then the Taser gun will do the same thing....I could care less what a pilot would carry, as long as the plane stays in the air that is all that matters.
"Please be 18"-Ricky Bobby
User avatar
gone winchester
Banned
 
Posts: 2090
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:27 am
Location: Ohio

Postby bgoldhunter » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:32 pm

michigan wrote:I think I'm getting tired of this. If I wanted drama, I woulda joined a soap opera forum.


Amen!
User avatar
bgoldhunter
hunter
 
Posts: 2439
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:46 pm
Location: Missouri

Next

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron