bamboo blind

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, Ichabod97, callncut, fowl mouth

Re: bamboo blind

Postby LEWDOG » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:31 am

Does all the birds that fly over it leave trails like in that picture :biggrin: . Guessing that it is facing South and a river mouth is to the North the hunter (you) in the back of the boat will be enjoying most of the shooting . I would try to add more cover between the top of the boat and the top rail of the hide . It would hide the hunters but not give the waves something to hit .
Looking Good and funny how one can always tell a hunting blind , just to ask , is the blind tag on it in the pic. ? A dummy blind the tag is the second things nailed on the front side :lol3: .

:thumbsup: LD :clapping:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:41 am

Huh? lost me on the blind tag. Had a blind there previously it was originally destroyed by hurricane sandy so put backa pretty crappy box that was good enough to hold the spot. Built this to replace it this year. legal tag on the blind as a previous non reparian hunter.

I plan on having the blind on the boat pinch closed so that will provide the cover you are talking about.

The blind faces North and the river mouth is to the east. Birds will be coming from the bowof the boat down the shoreline about 15 yards high and 30 yards off the shoreline almost directly over the blind making me last shooter in line for the cleanup. I know this because they do this every year and about 30 performed a flyby while we were bushing.
lbhansford
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:30 am

A Dummy blind would have a blind tag real high facing the water for all to see . Here in Mathews plane trails are running North and South (towards Norfolk I guess) , anyway best of luck .

:smile: LD :wink:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:32 am

oh gotcha, damn lew you got magnum PI on that photo! I better watch what i post if i end up finding a honey hole one day :hammer:

i know exactly what you mean on the dummy blinds. they might as well just paint "dummy blind" on the front wall of it.

yeah that plane was probably coming outta newport news international.

same to ya bud. hope you know down a few early birds.
lbhansford
hunter

Previous

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting