Name your baby God...

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Name your baby God...

Postby High Sierras » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:54 am

The very definition of irony......

"In the midst of last year's election, Isha Kallay of suburban Washington wanted to name her newborn son after the future president. But she feared that Barack would become too popular, especially if he won.

"That's why I named my baby Obama because I wanted my baby to have a special name that other people don't have," Kallay said from her home in Lanham, Md.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/05/08/most-popular-baby-names-2_n_200007.html
High Sierras
hunter

Postby dakotashooter2 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:39 pm

assateague wrote:
Rat Creek wrote:So Messiah is bad huh? I would not choose it for a child of mine, but where was this do-gooder liberal judge when the baby momma chose these real names: Shaniqua, Laquisha, La'Kisha, La'Tanya, Rohandra, Bon'Quisha, Sha'Tanya, Toprameneesha, La'Quishria, Shataniana, Bufanaquishria, La'Quishraniqua and Fo'Landra.

Actually, in this case it was NOT a do-gooder liberal judge, but a do-gooder conservative judge, who was offended by the name, and stated that there was only one Messiah, Jesus Christ. Which pretty much removes the stated concern that it was to "help the child in the future". Why can't people just mind their own business?

Would this constitute a violation of church and state? Since when is the govt. allowed to determine there is only one messiah? In a sense by this ruling the judge, a representative of the government, established a religion......
dakotashooter2
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:48 am

dakotashooter2 wrote:
assateague wrote:
Rat Creek wrote:So Messiah is bad huh? I would not choose it for a child of mine, but where was this do-gooder liberal judge when the baby momma chose these real names: Shaniqua, Laquisha, La'Kisha, La'Tanya, Rohandra, Bon'Quisha, Sha'Tanya, Toprameneesha, La'Quishria, Shataniana, Bufanaquishria, La'Quishraniqua and Fo'Landra.

Actually, in this case it was NOT a do-gooder liberal judge, but a do-gooder conservative judge, who was offended by the name, and stated that there was only one Messiah, Jesus Christ. Which pretty much removes the stated concern that it was to "help the child in the future". Why can't people just mind their own business?

Would this constitute a violation of church and state? Since when is the govt. allowed to determine there is only one messiah? In a sense by this ruling the judge, a representative of the government, established a religion......

It'll be overturned.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby slowshooter » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:57 am

That Conservative judge is going to be mad when those parents change the baby's name to ButtPlug.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:56 am

With a name like this, maybe a judge should have stepped in.

http://news.yahoo.com/beezow-doo-doo-zopittybop-bop-bop-arrested-021848401.html

Thirty-year-old Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop is tentatively charged with carrying a concealed knife, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana and a probation violation after his arrest Thursday.

Who would have ever thought someone with such a name would have had legal troubles? :huh:

Although his mom didn't saddle him with this.

Court records show his previous name was Jeffrey Drew Wilschke, and he legally changed it to Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop in October.

He should have been found unfit to make such legal decisions for himself.

The unquestionable proof was provided on the name change application: Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:11 am

SpinnerMan wrote:With a name like this, maybe a judge should have stepped in.

Thirty-year-old Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop is tentatively charged with carrying a concealed knife, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana and a probation violation after his arrest Thursday.

Who would have ever thought someone with such a name would have had legal troubles? :huh:

Court records show his previous name was Jeffrey Drew Wilschke, and he legally changed it to Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop in October.

The unquestionable proof was provided on the name change application: Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop

Wow......
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:08 am

SpinnerMan wrote:With a name like this, maybe a judge should have stepped in.

The world is full of stupid people :yes:
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:45 pm

Levon wears his war wound like a crown
He calls his child Jesus
'Cause he likes the name
And he sends him to the finest school in town

No relevance to anything at all. I just like throwing musical references into pretty much every conversation! :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby assateague » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:46 am

At least this one wasn't the Stones.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:24 pm

assateague wrote:At least this one wasn't the Stones.

:lol3: Good point. I could probably find a connection if I tried, though! Oh...."Connection." There we go! :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby assateague » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:37 pm

Doesn't count. You introduced a new word.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:47 pm

assateague wrote:Doesn't count. You introduced a new word.

Dang it. Kind of a funny story about the two, though. The squabble was in the British rags for a while. Keith started in saying that Elton was the "only guy he knew that made a living singing about dead blondes." Elton came back with "Keith looks like an arthritic old monkey on stage" (Kinda hard to argue that one! :lol3:) So Keith said "Well, when panties get thrown on my stage at least they're women's !" :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:20 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:

Dang it. Kind of a funny story about the two, though. The squabble was in the British rags for a while. Keith started in saying that Elton was the "only guy he knew that made a living singing about dead blondes." Elton came back with "Keith looks like an arthritic old monkey on stage" (Kinda hard to argue that one! :lol3:) So Keith said "Well, when panties get thrown on my stage at least they're women's !" :lol3:

I remember EJ whining about how the Stones got away with a little bi-curious, so why was he so ostracized by the rock community when he came out? No fair, right? Some wag at Rolling Stone (the mag) pointed out that the two cases were hardly comparable, since EJ was a little poof, and the Stones would basically f**k anything that had a pulse. Or didn't, for that matter :eek: :eek:
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:26 am

blackduckdog2 wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:

I remember EJ whining about how the Stones got away with a little bi-curious, so why was he so ostracized by the rock community when he came out? No fair, right? Some wag at Rolling Stone (the mag) pointed out that the two cases were hardly comparable, since EJ was a little poof, and the Stones would basically f**k anything that had a pulse. Or didn't, for that matter :eek: :eek:

Honestly, BDD2, with all the reading I've done about the Stones I have never come across a verifiable reference that there was any bi-sexuality going on at all. Not that it would make a lot of difference to me. There was one tale of David Bowie's wife finding Mick and David in bed together, but that's an ex-wife tale. They tend to lack veracity on occasion! :lol3: Then I read once of Mick coming on to Nureyev at some gathering, but I don't remember the details. One thing I can guarantee you of......it weren't Keef messin' round with any guy! :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:14 am

Glimmerjim wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:

Honestly, BDD2, with all the reading I've done about the Stones I have never come across a verifiable reference that there was any bi-sexuality going on at all. Not that it would make a lot of difference to me. There was one tale of David Bowie's wife finding Mick and David in bed together, but that's an ex-wife tale. They tend to lack veracity on occasion! :lol3: Then I read once of Mick coming on to Nureyev at some gathering, but I don't remember the details. One thing I can guarantee you of......it weren't Keef messin' round with any guy! :lol3:

I'm sure you're right, I mean you know way more about them than I do, but you gotta admit, just from a bad-ass perspective, f**king anything with a pulse is a great Rock&Roll myth. And I could totally see the Nureyev story, since they sort of look alike, which of course had to have been the reason Mick married Bianca, right?
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:06 am

blackduckdog2 wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:

Glimmerjim wrote: Honestly, BDD2, with all the reading I've done about the Stones I have never come across a verifiable reference that there was any bi-sexuality going on at all. Not that it would make a lot of difference to me. There was one tale of David Bowie's wife finding Mick and David in bed together, but that's an ex-wife tale. They tend to lack veracity on occasion! :lol3: Then I read once of Mick coming on to Nureyev at some gathering, but I don't remember the details. One thing I can guarantee you of......it weren't Keef messin' round with any guy! :lol3:

blackduckdog2 wrote: I'm sure you're right, I mean you know way more about them than I do, but you gotta admit, just from a bad-ass perspective, f**king anything with a pulse is a great Rock&Roll myth. And I could totally see the Nureyev story, since they sort of look alike, which of course had to have been the reason Mick married Bianca, right?

Man, wasn't that uncanny? Brian Jones and Anita Pallenberg were the same way. As were Mick and Chrissy Shrimpton. Damn good thing Keith had more sense than that or there would be some beastial progeny roamin the earth! :lol3: ! Mick and their first manager Andrew Oldham we're masters at "anti-Beatle" perception, and it was quite overt in many ways, and well coordinated with the Beatles. ...."Let it Be"...."Let it Bleed"? Many videos of "sex, drugs, and rock and roll" were simply acts produced for the cameras. They also have an interesting story about their last album for a recording company (Decca?) as per contract. They'd been fighting trying to get out of doing anything for them for years because they would always get monetarily shafted, Finally it was judicially decreed that as per the contract they MUST put out one more album. Thus the genesis of "CockSucker Blues"! ...."there ya go gentlemen, hope you make a million off it!" :lol3: :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum