poisoned?

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: captainkevan, swampbilly 1980, HNTFSH, hunt-chessies

how to punish dog maimers

castration
64%
finger amputation
7%
branding "LOSER" on forehead
29%

Total votes : 14

poisoned?

Postby gracenjohn » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:04 pm

some snake in the grass tried to break into the house yesterday by getting into the back yard. We can only figure that Sadie came around the corner and scared him. The jackass left the gate open and the dog ended up crossing two one way streets at dusk. Not a choice I would normally make with a black lab, but things happen.

The hardest part to deal with was the vomiting and diarrhea that happened when we picked her up from a very nice lab owner who recognized her from walks that we took this summer. Thanks Drew.

It was a long night staying up with her last night. Finally at midnight she wanted something to eat. She was much better today and got a full check up from the vet, but I am still pretty bent out of shape. :pissed:

We never will know if someone deliberately poisoned her or if she ran across some rotten food on her journey across town. The vet is having me watch out for more vomiting to make sure she didn't swallow something that is obstructing her like a porkchop or other bone. He told me how little dogs like to swallow little bouncy balls and they act like a ball valve until the X-RAYS. We're hoping that is not the fact. The vet was great and asked if I hunted and told me that as soon as she has a good poop, go for it!

both gates got locks put on them last night. :pissed: :pissed:

have great season and take care of those who can't take care of themselves.

john
thanks be to God
gracenjohn
hunter

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:14 am

That is most unfortunate. Im glad your neighbor found her for you and let you know. These idiots out ther have no compasion for anyone or anything. I had a lady the other day that has been having problems with someone coming into her house while she is at work or so she thought but just did not know. Well to make a long story short she found her small dog dead under her bed and another one a week later with its tooth hanging out like someone kicked it in the head. We think we know who it is a kid at that but have not proven it yet. Sorry about you dog but im glad you got her back and she is doing ok.
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby 98ramtough » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:22 am

I would almost promise your lab did that upon herself. Labs eat ANYTHING. Many many labs die every year from eating things they can't handle, like salmon, chocolate, etc.... My dog ate the cotton out of a stuffed teddy bear when she was a puppy and she vomited all night, finally it cleared and she was ok...

That sucks you had a guy try to get into your house though.... I await the day someone does that, I have a nice muzzy broadhead waiting.....
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby Admin2 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:16 pm

98 is right-dogs will eat or roll in the worst stuff imaginable. :laughing: It ain't funny when you have the wash then down or babysit them because they are sick. But funny in retrospect.

So how is the dog doing?

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

sadie is great

Postby gracenjohn » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:24 pm

She was back to her old tricks in less than 48 hours. The second day of antibiotics really seemed to take care of whatever was ailling her. She hasn't thrown up since and has had two banner days in the field.

john
thanks be to God
gracenjohn
hunter

Return to Hunting Dog Forum