Eagle River DU Banquet

Discussion topics include Alaska sea duck hunting and other species.

Moderator: badandy970

Eagle River DU Banquet

Postby AK Ray » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:07 pm

Come to the Eagle River Lions Club the evening of saturday November 4 at 5:30pm for the annual banquet.

There will be lots of prizes and such.

Single $55
Couple $85
Greenwings should be $25, but I am not sure, they could be less.
Sponsor $280
Couple sponsor $310

For tickets call Marc Lind at 244 4503 or Russ Krafft at 230 5323
AK Ray
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:59 pm

Ray, you going to be there?

I thought bout goin, but Im runnin low on cash and didnt think Id even know ayone there if I did go.

Lemme know, I might have to "find" some cash :laughing:

-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby AK Ray » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:06 pm

I volunteer to help out with the set up and run one of the raffles. I'll be working the chair this year selling tickets or "goose bands" for the chair. It is supposed to be nicer than last years chair.

If you are under 18 years old you may be able to get in as a greenwing. You should call one of the numbers and ask about that. Greenwings cleanup on the kids raffle stuff. Of course none of the clothing items will fit you.

The cost of the banquet covers a one year membership to DU and buys you dinner at the event. There will be stainless DU mugs for sale for $100 that include something like $110 worth of tickets for the silent auction items set up around the perimeter of the room.

There will be a gun auction or two, so if you are lucky you may "buy" a new gun for $20, but only if you are over 18.
AK Ray
hunter

Postby AK Ray » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:47 am

Well, this year there will be more guns up for raffle/auction than in years past. If you buy a sponsor ship you will have a 1 in 5 chance of having your name drawn for a sponsor gun. I chose a nice little S&W .22 target pistol last year. This year if I am lucky I'm going for the Marlin 1895 45/70 guide gun. Those things are way too much fun to shoot.

Sponsors receive a raffle ticket pack worth $120, special hat and lapel pin, and some sort of swag from a grab bag of goodies.

In years past they have had more shot guns than anything else, but this year they will have a wide selection of rifles and shotguns. There will even be a BPS 10 gauge up for one of the big raffles. That is the gun for Matt

The rumor after last nights meeting is that this will be like the other fall DU events in South Central this year and have a low turnout. Which means the odds of winning something are going to be better.
AK Ray
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:20 pm

SO its going to cost 280 buck for a year subscription and a dinner? What if the wife and kids wants to go?
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby akbrett » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:55 pm

Wish we could get there but, it ain't gonna happen this year. Maybe next.
akbrett
hunter

Postby AK Ray » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:20 pm

LA - There will be a DU military dinner Dec 2. See the link for the contact info about that event. This event will save you active duty guys some money since everything is lower than for the civilan dinners. I don't think you have to sign the kids up for G'Wing memberships in order for them to get some food. Call Reese on the link and get the full info from him. Raffle tickets for half price prior to the event, that would be nice.

http://www.ducks.org/states/30/events/event9695.html

As to giving money to DU (or any other org) it does not have much to do with what you get back. AK is one of the top money making states for DU per number of DU members. How much of that is put back into AK? Not much since AK is one big swamp anyway. However about 85% of that money is used where it is needed in the L48. With all the wetland loss issues in the midwest they need support in order to battle the farmers, the government, and developers.

And in case you guys don't know it yet, but the DU national convention will be held in Anchorage at the end of May, 2007. I am wondering how many vendors are going to ship stuff up here for that event. Could be cool seeing reps from all over the US up here.
AK Ray
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:15 pm

Ray, thanks for the info, but I think Ive finally reached the bottom of my pockets....

Id love to go, but cant quite afford admition, so it'll just have to wait till next year :smile:
-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby skybust » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:48 pm

Ray make sure you keep us posted on the National Convention. How many days will it be. I think I might have to take some time off from work for that never been to a National Convention will probably be the first and the last time I get a chance.
skybust
hunter

Postby akbrett » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:00 pm

:withstupid:

That's something I don't want to miss either. It has the potential to be real interesting.
akbrett
hunter

Return to Alaska Duck Hunting