Crown Point/ Putnam ny

Waterfowl topics at their best, post here and read others views on Vermont duck hunting

Moderator: yellodog1

Crown Point/ Putnam ny

Postby overunderwaterfowl » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:45 pm

I live just across from Vermont and was wondering if anyone has had any success around these areas of lake Champlain I've been scouting on land and in my canoe but haven't seen much but then again I haven't had my boat out to really cruise around the lake any input would be great
overunderwaterfowl
hunter

Re: Crown Point/ Putnam ny

Postby pete/pmr » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:10 pm

I am not scouting that area yet,but have been up to dead creek wildlife management area in the last month and checked out a few spots and saw some good numbers of ducks,but you did not say ducks or geese? So I guess ducks are your question?

Goose season will be opening here in about 17 days,so I will let you know what happens then! In my area the geese are starting to group up a bit,but they are still maintaining family groups when in flight from food to roost!

Ny bag limits are much more generous than Vermonts and I would suggest hunting that side of the lake to anyone,including Vermonters!

I am too cheap to buy a Ny license,but I did hear a discussion from some people in the ny fish and game dept. talking about license fees dropping next year? And the date,(one calendar year), for the hunting licenses will be changing also.
2013 Season Totals

Canada Geese 105
Mallards 43
Woodies 31
Teal 16
widgeon 8
Blacks 11
Goldeneyes 25 "Take-em"
Buffleheads 4
Bluebills 1
snows 27
Band Count 5
pete/pmr
hunter

Postby overunderwaterfowl » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:07 pm

Yes ducks haha I plan on hunting more south of dead creek on the ny side but any input is great thanks for the info
overunderwaterfowl
hunter

Postby brokermike » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:54 pm

If you want to come about an hour south on the ny side shoot me a pm. We have a great time and the ny limits are generous
brokermike
hunter

Postby overunderwaterfowl » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:38 am

I might take you up on that offer I'll pm you closer to the season
overunderwaterfowl
hunter

Postby RangerX » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:42 am

brokermike wrote:If you want to come about an hour south on the ny side shoot me a pm. We have a great time and the ny limits are generous

I might have to make a trip down this season Mike.

How's it going?
RangerX
hunter

Postby brokermike » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:32 pm

Nick

It's been a good year. Pretty anxious to get at things. Been spending a lot of time training our lab and lots of family time in order to earn my hall passes for the fall
brokermike
hunter

Postby Loganb07 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:56 am

I'm from vt my whole life and just bought a house in crown point, I will be buying both licenses this year so I can get in my Addison county spots, as far as the ny side there are some great spots just south of the ferry in ticonderoga and bulwagi bay in crown point has some really nice swampy stuff. Il definetly be going to both
Loganb07
hunter

Postby RangerX » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:09 am

brokermike wrote:Nick

It's been a good year. Pretty anxious to get at things. Been spending a lot of time training our lab and lots of family time in order to earn my hall passes for the fall

Good to hear... busy time for me now too, blind is going on the boat this weekend, also building a new blind in my honey hole swamp, and getting ready for early goose season. Let me know when you are looking for company down there; would like to make a trip down this year.

Nick
RangerX
hunter

Return to Vermont Duck Hunting