A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Postby wanapasaki » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:37 pm

Last edited by wanapasaki on Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Re: bs brotherhood duck cliques

Postby beretta24 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:02 am

wanapasaki wrote:Yeah, in South Dakota right now and went on craigslist and found this bull puke: http://siouxfalls.craigslist.org/spo/3980621741.html

This type of crap cracks me up. Sorry Shouldbeaguide. You should hit these SOB's up before they roll donuts in your honey holes :lol3:

I'm am struggling to understand your point...maybe missing something but I am not making the connection between the title of the post, the content of your post, and the add for a couple young guides.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby wanapasaki » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:27 am

beretta24 wrote:
wanapasaki wrote:Yeah, in South Dakota right now and went on craigslist and found this bull puke: http://siouxfalls.craigslist.org/spo/3980621741.html

This type of crap cracks me up. Sorry Shouldbeaguide. You should hit these SOB's up before they roll donuts in your honey holes :lol3:

I'm am struggling to understand your point...maybe missing something but I am not making the connection between the title of the post, the content of your post, and the add for a couple young guides.

That's ok, you seem to have a tendency to refute anything I try to discuss :lol3:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:46 am

wanapasaki wrote:
beretta24 wrote:

That's ok, you seem to have a tendency to refute anything I try to discuss :lol3:

That's not difficult to accomplish.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Re: ..

Postby ScaupHunter » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:24 am

Them boyz should of had their momma proof read their post.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby assateague » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:22 am

If the guide service fails, they've got a nice fall back as Nigerian spammers.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby beretta24 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:03 pm

wanapasaki wrote:
beretta24 wrote:

I'm not trying to refute anything, just looking for clarification.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby ScaupHunter » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:17 pm

wanapasaki wrote:
beretta24 wrote:

The formation of a clear and supportable argument before you post might help. :beer:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:27 am

ScaupHunter wrote:
wanapasaki wrote:
beretta24 wrote:

The formation of a clear and supportable argument before you post might help. :beer:

The advertisement is pretty self explanatory lol
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:50 am

Well, while the advertisement didn't make them come off as more than buffoons I was curious about the "BS...cliques" part...
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Glimmerjim » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:34 am

assateague wrote:If the guide service fails, they've got a nice fall back as Nigerian spammers.

:lol3: Except they'd stay busy all day talking each other into the scheme, over, and over, and over......while sitting in abutting cubicles! :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:34 am

I guess I don't quite understand why they would charge more if you're not a shooter. How much woiuld they want if you inquired but then didn't go out with them?

I did a little guiding way back in the day (flyfishing and duck hunting) and it really was more like babysitting people who couldn't cast or read water (let alone know how to tie knots), or couldn't hit the side of a barn at 10 paces with skeet bore. Basically, it took the fun out of it for me ...
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:53 am

I guided salmon, steelhead, and a bunch of other types of fishing trips part time for quite a few years. I had the same experience except I thoroughly enjoyed it. I advertised as a teaching guide and approached each fishing day as an instructive class environment. A lot of my business was beginning fishermen or folks who actually wanted to learn to read water, and present gear properly.

When I got folks who couldn't cast a fly rod, or any other rod for that matter, I would start at their level and class would begin. For those that just wanted fish, I managed all the rods, set the hooks, checked they were set properly, then handed the rod off to the angler.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:31 am

ScaupHunter wrote:I guided salmon, steelhead, and a bunch of other types of fishing trips part time for quite a few years. I had the same experience except I thoroughly enjoyed it. I advertised as a teaching guide and approached each fishing day as an instructive class environment. A lot of my business was beginning fishermen or folks who actually wanted to learn to read water, and present gear properly.

When I got folks who couldn't cast a fly rod, or any other rod for that matter, I would start at their level and class would begin. For those that just wanted fish, I managed all the rods, set the hooks, checked they were set properly, then handed the rod off to the angler.

That's a good positive approach, scaup. Nobody needs to feel a bit bad about asemi- day in the field! Good on ya! :thumbsup: We are all at diferent levels, ya know? Just like some guys that can't kill a freakin developmentally challenged pintail, ya now? We colud laugh and citicize, but ultimately it's better for all of us to just give support and hope that someday a sprig with the IQ of Keanu Reeves flies by and everyone dreams are attained.......I mean, legitimately attained by the killing of a semi=mobile, partianally self cognisant duck/
Best of luck AT. We'll be throwing pesticides out like like condoms at a gay parade!
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby High Sierras » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:00 am

dudejcb wrote:I guess I don't quite understand why they would charge more if you're not a shooter. How much woiuld they want if you inquired but then didn't go out with them?

I did a little guiding way back in the day (flyfishing and duck hunting) and it really was more like babysitting people who couldn't cast or read water (let alone know how to tie knots), or couldn't hit the side of a barn at 10 paces with skeet bore. Basically, it took the fun out of it for me ...

Maybe they want an extra $50 to 'rent' the client a shotgun???
High Sierras
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum