More scouting action!!

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

More scouting action!!

Postby Seaductor » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:54 pm

I spent the morning tearing up the roads and knocking on doors!! Productive day to say the least!!! The way things are shaping up, it should be a good season!!

I love it when the first guy you ask for permission thinks geese are filthy sky rats and shakes your hand like a long lost brother!! Then the next guy you ask tells you about the 200 ducks he's always seeing in the field behind his the barn all fall!!! :lol3: :yes:
When you get to be my age, it's always a race to see if you'll piss inside or outside of your waders!!
Seaductor
hunter

Re: More scouting action!!

Postby R-Factor » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:26 pm

You've got to appreciate a few conversations like that every now and again! :thumbsup:
This post is a good reminder to those who haven't been "knocking" yet...it's time. I visited my "top 3" landowners a week or so ago to make sure it's a go- thankfully, green lights all the way. :grooving:
R-Factor
hunter

Re: More scouting action!!

Postby hurtin_honkers » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:31 pm

Thats awesome rfactor! Haha even the public of public spots, i still here landowners on the lake complaining we kill there pet ducks.... Its sad when these people claim wild animals to themselves!
The worst thing about missing isn't the ridicule from your buddies, its the disappointed look of your dog
hurtin_honkers
hunter

Return to Maine Duck Hunting