Duck Hunting Forum banner

Dallas Ducks?

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Streater 
#1 ·
Hey fellas,

I'm moving into the Irving/Dallas area. I'm looking to live on the outskirts of town and commute in. What would be the best town/area to look at as far as being close to hunting areas, flyways, state parks, etc. I'm not looking to mooch, I can do my own scouting I'm just looking for the area to be around to do so. Any tips or ideas? :help:

I appreciate any help!

#3 ·
Also, what type of work? If you move close to Fannin County, for example, the hunting will be pretty good but the jobs are more scarce and commuting to Dallas is pretty much a no-go. Collin county the hunting will be a little less but commuting opportunities are a bit better.

#4 ·
Denton county has a lot of good public hunting land and lakes that the core of engineers will allow you to hunt. Just look for the closest lake to the area you are moving to and call the rangers on that lake for advise.
Or start a post here and ask everyone for there favorite place to hunt and GPS coordinations, I am sure you will get lots of responses.

#5 ·
Dmcmurtre said:
Denton county has a lot of good public hunting land and lakes that the core of engineers will allow you to hunt. Just look for the closest lake to the area you are moving to and call the rangers on that lake for advise.
Or start a post here and ask everyone for there favorite place to hunt and GPS coordinations, I am sure you will get lots of responses.
No need to run him off now is there? :wink:

#6 ·
Dmcmurtre said:
:lol3:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.