German wire hair pointer

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

German wire hair pointer

Postby Oldsquaw14 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:18 pm

Anybody know some one that raises them? Looking to get a pup. any info is appreciated. thanks
Any hunting is good hunting.
Oldsquaw14
hunter

Re: German wire hair pointer

Postby yankeehunter » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:17 pm

Oldsquaw14,
If you are looking for a GWP locally I would suggest checking out the Carolina's NAVHDA Chapter web site. The chapter covers both NC and SC. There are quite a few breeders and owners who could point (pun intended) in the right direction. They are really decent people and love helping folks find great hunting companions. Look in the member section and you will see a few folks who have GWPs and their emails or phone #s are provided. Vivian Weis-hansen (sp) is the chapter secretary and if you contact her she can send an email out to all members concernig your need. The GWP is a great upland dog and make great water dogs. You could also take a look at the AKC web site... I personally like GSPs and own 2 but they are my upland dogs. They work the water well but they just aren't made for cold weather hunting... :no:
yankeehunter
hunter

Postby MichaelT » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:35 am

Check out Rock Haven Kennels in Crouse (?). I haven't been there in years but I heard Rocky is getting out of the hunting and focusing more on breeding/training pointers.
MichaelT
hunter

Postby qwakerwhaker » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:56 pm

You're making a great choice in dogs. I've had two and they will do everything you ask and more.
qwakerwhaker
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting