Buck creek draw?!?

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker

Buck creek draw?!?

Postby BuckCreek » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:39 am

Who's up for drawing in at buck creek this year because looks like there's going to be upward of 50 stakes on that side. Heard from reliable source it was sent to Springfield and no one contested it. Here's what kinda sucks they say you will only be able to draw for west or east side no more drawing at one place.there will still be some freelance on daresville side but I'm sure the hot spots will be staked. I'm sure some of the particulars could change but I've heard they already know who is staking it so apparently it will happen. Too many fights got it to this point but at least I don't have to sleep at ramp anymore.
BuckCreek
hunter

Re: Buck creek draw?!?

Postby quadejagger » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:46 am

I will believe this when i see it. I didn't hear of one fight last year on the Muddy side. Yes there was a lot of camping on the ramps going on, but there always is when the state gets the muddy side planted in crop. I don't think the state is going to stake it for this season. Do you have any more details on this? Who is your reliable source?
quadejagger
hunter

Postby BuckCreek » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:17 am

Source :The game warden up there and a guy thats friends with jason that is over the draw areas. They say buck creek ramp will be used for draw boats only. They said they have to much trouble controlling that side. I agree they have a lot of work ahead of them to get this done this season but I'm afraid it is going to happen. This is all I've heard I hope these guys are wrong but I'm afraid their not.
BuckCreek
hunter

Postby quadejagger » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:32 am

If the State would put a rule in place that no one can leave the area of where the sign in box is at until 4:30a.m. ,that will take a lot of head aches away of people entering in buck creek early, football field, and e shape fields. I do not want to see this side staked. I think the GW's did a good job last year in controlling any situations that took place on the Muddy side. I hunted the Muddy side for ten years now and have never seen anything out of control. THe Buck Creek ramp wouldn't be big enough to house a draw. They would either have to use Dareville or Muddy Ramp.
quadejagger
hunter

Postby BuckCreek » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:10 am

I agree I would hate this. As far as the buck creek ramp supposedly only people that can use that is draw boat in case you drew into buck creek. I'm sure the main draw would be at another ramp. If their doing this I wish they would spread stakes out and take a few bad stakes out from the other side or make a few a and b stakes so your not on top of each other and draw them all together.
BuckCreek
hunter

Postby quadejagger » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:36 am

If they do stake areas of the Muddy side, it will be interesting to see where they put stakes and how many spots they stake. I still say do not stake the muddy side. I think the majority of the hunters that hunt the muddy side will say do not stake the muddy side. I think the majority of the hunters that hunt the draw, and the people who do not want to stay on the ramp or get to the ramps a few hours before launch time would love to see the muddy side staked.
quadejagger
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:42 am

I'm surprised that something like this hasn't already happened. I heard of a couple of altercations last year and didn't even hunt over there. I think they should leave it alone. We have a draw side and a freelance side, people can choose what they want to do. But all it takes are a few bad attitudes to ruin an area and then the government steps in. Normally, there are some meetings to get hunters input about things like this and I didn't hear of any. At least there were meetings about the Casey side when they staked it.
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby fullbored » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:55 am

That's a major decision . There would of atleast been a meeting even if they were gonna force it down our throat
fullbored
hunter

Postby BuckCreek » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:15 am

I hope your right seems like a huge decision with no meeting. If anybody knows who to call and complain to maybe we can change their minds before the stakes go in the ground. If this happens what's next yearly draw. I guess we will have to race to the stakes I get more of an adrenaline rush from 4:30-4:31 racing through those cuts then most times hunting. Guess my boy won't get to experience rend I got too for the last 20 yrs.
BuckCreek
hunter

Postby fullbored » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:11 pm

Call Jason at the refuge
fullbored
hunter

Postby boogs13 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:32 pm

Where is Buck Creek ?
boogs13
hunter

Postby BuckCreek » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:26 pm

Rend lake subimpoundments
BuckCreek
hunter

Postby quadejagger » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:28 am

Buckcreek, I guess you are right. I have heard this same thing from a few other people. Haven't heard anything official from an official, but the general consensus is that yes they are going to stake the muddy side. Heard it was going to be buck creek, fields north and south of 148, the bay right outside buckcreek. What are they going to do with the rest of the spots on that side???
quadejagger
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:49 am

quadejagger wrote:Buckcreek, I guess you are right. I have heard this same thing from a few other people. Haven't heard anything official from an official, but the general consensus is that yes they are going to stake the muddy side. Heard it was going to be buck creek, fields north and south of 148, the bay right outside buckcreek. What are they going to do with the rest of the spots on that side???

Probably fight for them like usual, until next year and they will stake it all like the casey side.
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby BuckCreek » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:15 pm

I hear all the other areas are going to be freelance. I'd say the ball field and Utah slough will be staked too. So nason will probably be about it for freelance.
BuckCreek
hunter

Postby fullbored » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:33 pm

Regardless if they stake it or not (i've heard it form a few more people at this point) It's going to be rough up there this year. Real nice stand of poison ivy in a few places.

You know i don't even hunt the draw or west side that much but I really don't think this is the right direction.
fullbored
hunter

Postby BuckCreek » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:06 pm

Heaven forbid it ever get like union county where you get a couple permits a year. I say they close buck creek ramp since thats notirious for unloading early and not allow walkins off 148 or at least make them leave from the lot at 430 that will take care of a lot of the problems most of the fights are over those two issues.
BuckCreek
hunter

Postby BuckCreek » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:13 pm

Update pres. Of perry co du called jason and he said they plan to put 20 stakes in the hot spots with anyplace 200yds from a stake being freelance. Now that word is getting out people are voicing complaints. Supposedly regional dnr manager is going to be at one of the du meetings soon and their going to try to get him to set a public meeting set.
BuckCreek
hunter

Postby BuckCreek » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:51 am

Kinda sounds like complaints were heard. GW that intially said it was going to be draw now says they changed their minds I hope thats true.
BuckCreek
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting