Just legalize it already......

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Just legalize it already......

Postby Slack Tide » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:34 am

So stupid.....(although it IS one step closer)...
NJ wants to lean towards legalizing Marijuana extract...but not to smoke. What's the problem?
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Re: Just legalize it already......

Postby WTN10 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:18 pm

I'd vote to legalize it all.
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:25 pm

right, wrong, left, right....whatever....it's just the hypocrisy that kills me..
they are trying to find a way to ween it in to legal and still not get blasted for it being illegal for so long.....
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:00 pm

I'd go for it in a heart beat so they could quit wasting everyone's money trying to stop it. What Cristie is doing is proof positive he is a politician first, and statesmen second. He has the ability talk a good game, but his "requirements" to address the conditional veto are a joke. W T F does a psychiatrist have to do with this issue. They aren't even doctors.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby blackduckdog2 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:19 pm

beretta24 wrote:I'd go for it in a heart beat so they could quit wasting everyone's money trying to stop it. What Cristie is doing is proof positive he is a politician first, and statesmen second. He has the ability talk a good game, but his "requirements" to address the conditional veto are a joke. W T F does a psychiatrist have to do with this issue. They aren't even doctors.

Psychiatrists are MDs. Psychologists are not
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:30 am

blackduckdog2 wrote:
beretta24 wrote:I'd go for it in a heart beat so they could quit wasting everyone's money trying to stop it. What Cristie is doing is proof positive he is a politician first, and statesmen second. He has the ability talk a good game, but his "requirements" to address the conditional veto are a joke. W T F does a psychiatrist have to do with this issue. They aren't even doctors.

Got me there, noted. :thumbsup:

I still don't see the value in them weighing in or am I still missing something. To my knowledge a lot of the cases where it is used involve chronic illness. I haven't read any cases where it's used to treat mental health issues, and non-psychiatrist MDs are already independently describing more powerful drugs that come with a risk of dependency.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Slack Tide » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:44 am

beretta24 wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:

Got me there, noted. :thumbsup:

I still don't see the value in them weighing in or am I still missing something. To my knowledge a lot of the cases where it is used involve chronic illness. I haven't read any cases where it's used to treat mental health issues, and non-psychiatrist MDs are already independently describing more powerful drugs that come with a risk of dependency.

I'm guessing that the involvement of Psych's is to evaluate the mind as an organ that may need, or benefit from, using the Herb...
A lot of the early cases were just heads trying to explain, in vague terms and broad usages, how pot made them "feel better"....well No Chit>......
In recent cases, REAL cases like calming Tourette's ticks, improving the appetite of Croan's sufferers and Chemo patients etc have opened the debate and each state is using the last state's incremental step forward to drive the next....
It's good
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby assateague » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:50 am

As long as tobacco and alcohol are legal, any argument against marijuana is inherently stupid.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby High Sierras » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:30 am

If we legalize marijuana, why not add all the other botanical pharmaceutical's? Mushrooms, cocaine, heroin... I'm sure there are advocates out there that would state that those substances 'make them feel better' as well. From there is should be a short slippery ride to legalizing man made recreational drugs as well.

My step mom fought cancer for almost 14 years before it took her life. For a time in the early '90s she was prescribed 'Marinol', a prescription tablet made with a standardized dose of THC, to diminish the nausea caused by the chemo. So for all those who want it legalized for medicinal use, surprise! it has been for decades. The whole 'legalize MJ for compassionate use' is a red herring... the proponents want to legalize it so they can get high, no more no less. They use the legal status of alcohol and tobacco as a benchmark to compare their drug of choice to, but tend to gloss over the damage to society caused by those drugs, and are eager to add yet another drug to the list.

There is no medical need to legalize smoking dope, but the pot heads don't want it for medical relief... they just want to get high. Same as the heroin junkie or the meth head. Just because you might use pot and want to see it legalized, how do you ethically defend your 'right' to get high on dope yet try to retain the right to deny the meth addicts from getting high on their drug of choice? Because it will (also) cause damage to society? Because it's not your drug of choice and you don't like it?

I'm sure someone will throw out the whole 'because pot isn't as addictive as meth' (so... since when do we legalize a substance based on it's addictiveness?) or ' because pot is medicinal, man' or some such crap. But aside from the capricious "Because I want the right to use pot and I don't want others to have the right to use meth" argument... how do you ethically justify it?
High Sierras
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:29 pm

High Sierras wrote:If we legalize marijuana, why not add all the other botanical pharmaceutical's?

I support this.
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:53 pm

WTN10 wrote:
High Sierras wrote:If we legalize marijuana, why not add all the other botanical pharmaceutical's?

I support this.
:thumbsup:
here is no medical need to legalize smoking dope, but the pot heads don't want it for medical relief... they just want to get high.

LOL there is no need for smoking marijuana to aid in medical issues? Seriously? Your step mom was on marinol right? I know exactly what it is, lots of guys in the army are on it. It's synthetic THC. Whats the difference between your stepmom taking the pill form and smoking it? "they just want to get high." :fingerpt:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby StevenL » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:02 pm

WTN10 wrote:

I support this.

Me too! It sure won't cause the USA to be worse off than it already is.
StevenL
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:03 pm

High Sierras wrote: ....how do you ethically defend your 'right' to get high on dope yet try to retain the right to deny the meth addicts from getting high on their drug of choice?

How do you ethically defend peoples right to tip a few longnecks yet are against people smoking pot?
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:07 pm

clampdaddy wrote:
High Sierras wrote: ....how do you ethically defend your 'right' to get high on dope yet try to retain the right to deny the meth addicts from getting high on their drug of choice?

How do you ethically defend peoples right to tip a few longnecks yet are against people smoking pot?

I'd have to agree. More people die in alcohol related incidents that any other in the US
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby jehler » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:12 pm

WTN10 wrote:

I support this.

2nded

Cocaine and heroin being illegal is single handedly responsible for the largest humans rights violations world wide and causes 53 times the death and destruction of family from organized crime as is caused by the drug use itself
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy

Postby jehler » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:13 pm

High Sierras wrote:If we legalize marijuana, why not add all the other botanical pharmaceutical's? Mushrooms, cocaine, heroin... I'm sure there are advocates out there that would state that those substances 'make them feel better' as well. From there is should be a short slippery ride to legalizing man made recreational drugs as well.

My step mom fought cancer for almost 14 years before it took her life. For a time in the early '90s she was prescribed 'Marinol', a prescription tablet made with a standardized dose of THC, to diminish the nausea caused by the chemo. So for all those who want it legalized for medicinal use, surprise! it has been for decades. The whole 'legalize MJ for compassionate use' is a red herring... the proponents want to legalize it so they can get high, no more no less. They use the legal status of alcohol and tobacco as a benchmark to compare their drug of choice to, but tend to gloss over the damage to society caused by those drugs, and are eager to add yet another drug to the list.

There is no medical need to legalize smoking dope, but the pot heads don't want it for medical relief... they just want to get high. Same as the heroin junkie or the meth head. Just because you might use pot and want to see it legalized, how do you ethically defend your 'right' to get high on dope yet try to retain the right to deny the meth addicts from getting high on their drug of choice? Because it will (also) cause damage to society? Because it's not your drug of choice and you don't like it?

I'm sure someone will throw out the whole 'because pot isn't as addictive as meth' (so... since when do we legalize a substance based on it's addictiveness?) or ' because pot is medicinal, man' or some such crap. But aside from the capricious "Because I want the right to use pot and I don't want others to have the right to use meth" argument... how do you ethically justify it?

Why shouldn't meth be legal, bunch a damned commies round here :no:
jehler

Postby clampdaddy » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:22 pm

wanapasaki wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:

I'd have to agree. More people die in alcohol related incidents that any other in the US
. Not to mention all of the families that have been broken up by countless pricks that can't handle their mud.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:26 pm

We might need to keep an eye on the cost of foods, with all the munchies going on :lol3:
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby jehler » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:41 pm

I think I've sampled every drug out there, run two business' and have a great family. Haven't done any illegal drugs since 96, the drugs are not the problem. Stupid people are, and they aren't going anywhere. Prohibition never works, and creates more problems then it sets out to cure. Where would we be if the country wasnt set back 100 years with 18th amendment?
jehler

Postby wanapasaki » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:49 pm

jehler wrote:I think I've sampled every drug out there, run two business' and have a great family. Haven't done any illegal drugs since 96, the drugs are not the problem. Stupid people are, and they aren't going anywhere. Prohibition never works, and creates more problems then it sets out to cure. Where would we be if the country wasnt set back 100 years with 18th amendment?

have you ever tried peyote? :lol3:
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:52 pm

wanapasaki
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:53 pm

wanapasaki wrote:We might need to keep an eye on the cost of foods, with all the munchies going on :lol3:

California would be to marijuana as the South was/is to tobacco. I suspect food costs would go up some.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:58 pm

clampdaddy wrote:
wanapasaki wrote:We might need to keep an eye on the cost of foods, with all the munchies going on :lol3:

California would be to marijuana as the South was/is to tobacco. I suspect food costs would go up some.

LOL I think in California, marijuana already is tobacco to the south. I heard that these guys can have up to 100 seedlings and a dozen full grown plants within their properties.
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:20 pm

assateague wrote:As long as tobacco and alcohol are legal, any argument against marijuana is inherently stupid.

Agreed. I have seen firsthand what can happen when people get addicted to it and how it takes over their lives. However you can say the exact same thing about alcohol and tobacco...although tobacco tends to not have as adverse effects.
If it comes up on a ballot for my state I will have to vote no. I would lose a debate on it but I have my reasons.
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby jehler » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:23 pm

wanapasaki wrote:
jehler wrote:I think I've sampled every drug out there, run two business' and have a great family. Haven't done any illegal drugs since 96, the drugs are not the problem. Stupid people are, and they aren't going anywhere. Prohibition never works, and creates more problems then it sets out to cure. Where would we be if the country wasnt set back 100 years with 18th amendment?

have you ever tried peyote? :lol3:

Not yet
jehler

Next