Be careful!!!!!!

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

Be careful!!!!!!

Postby romeocadet08 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:17 am

Ladies and gents:

I've had 4 buddies, in the last 2 weeks, that have become a crime statistic....theft!!! The 4th and latest victim is one if my damn good friends. He and his wife were out of town this weekend for their anniversary.

They arrived home this morning to prepare for church when he realized his garage had been hit!!! They took everything hunting related...even tried to jimmy the lock on his boat trailer...I had 3 dozen decoys, 2 layout blinds, and a backup gun (Remington 870) that were amongst the several thousand dollars of stuff that was stolen. They also took a chest full of power tools...I hate a damn thief!!!!

All four of these incidents have taken place throughout the Lowcountry ...

Be careful, lock your stuff up, and don't think you aren't "vulnerable" ....

I hope the person(s) responsible get what's coming their way.....
romeocadet08
hunter

Re: Be careful!!!!!!

Postby Edge » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:41 pm

It's bad on SI as well, if you have a 25 you need to sleep with it. They hit my boat and took all my rod and reels. They had four lug nuts off my boat trailer at the landing when I got back, a few minutes later and I would have been up the creek.... it is getting bad.
And Heaven help them if they get cought..... :hammer:
Edge
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:55 pm

Crazy stuff.. Lock your crap up.. Are your dogs bigger than 10 lbs?
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby romeocadet08 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:43 pm

Edge wrote:It's bad on SI as well, if you have a 25 you need to sleep with it. They hit my boat and took all my rod and reels. They had four lug nuts off my boat trailer at the landing when I got back, a few minutes later and I would have been up the creek.... it is getting bad.
And Heaven help them if they get cought..... :hammer:

Yup!! Boats seem to be atop the priority list lately. 2/4 of my buddies that have been hit have been via boat!! Rods/reels/electronics. One guy had both his boats hit and lost his brand new 25hp as well ....
romeocadet08
hunter

Postby romeocadet08 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:48 pm

wanapasaki wrote:Crazy stuff.. Lock your crap up.. Are your dogs bigger than 10 lbs?

I can promise you that if any thief can make it past my 97lb lab...he/she can have anything they want ....

I woke up to a certain fellow screaming bloody murder a few years ago and held him at gunpoint and let Kolby eat on him for a few good minutes until the police showed up and hauled him off...
romeocadet08
hunter

Postby Duckedo » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:58 pm

I'm new the area. I'm in MC and have just rented storage for my boat. It is a fenced area. How worried do i need to be. I can't stand a thief. If I had woke up and found my dog chewing on the a$$hole I would have let go on until somebody else called the police.
Duckedo
hunter

Postby romeocadet08 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:24 am

Duckedo wrote:I'm new the area. I'm in MC and have just rented storage for my boat. It is a fenced area. How worried do i need to be. I can't stand a thief. If I had woke up and found my dog chewing on the a$$hole I would have let go on until somebody else called the police.

Buh-leaveeeee me!! I wanted to but then Rev AS and his "holy following" would have set up camp in little old MC .....

Is the boat storage that you speak of off hwy52?
romeocadet08
hunter

Postby Duckedo » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:53 pm

Yes
Duckedo
hunter

Postby romeocadet08 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:54 am

Just got word our place was hit last night...SOBs made off with about 40bags of corn, a utility trailer with a small 4' bush hog on it, and tried to punch out the ignition on the four wheeler.....
romeocadet08
hunter

Postby bigsprig » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:51 am

Go to Bright yellow pawn shop, your stuff is probably there already.

Trailers with mowers, 4 wheelers are number one up in this area. Most end up at that bright yellow pawn shop in Summerville.

One regular thief from this area has been caught repeatedly, but is still out driving around every night in his white pickup.

Last time he was caught he tried to run over someone that caught him in act and was let go next day with only a 50,000 bond, so he is right back at it.

Was out on bond and on probation for previous thefts by the way when committed the last one.

Slap on the wrist and back on the street again.
Pro staff: Pop Tarts, Little Debbie, Armour Vienna Sausage! Just an old duck hunter that grew up hunting from Moes lake to McGirts Lake in beautiful Sparkleberry Swamp.
bigsprig
hunter

Postby Edge » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:04 am

I would buy a brand new trailer and bush hog, wire it with 220 and wait.
Edge
hunter

Postby romeocadet08 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:52 am

Edge wrote:I would buy a brand new trailer and bush hog, wire it with 220 and wait.

The trailer was shot...bent axle, bearings gone in both wheels...on the other hand, the bushhog was basically brand new ...at least he was able to hit a few strips over the weekend and put some fresh grub on the ground for the dove birds before it was stolen...

That Karma has a way of catching up to you...they'll get what's coming to them ..
romeocadet08
hunter

Postby romeocadet08 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:09 pm

bigsprig wrote:Go to Bright yellow pawn shop, your stuff is probably there already.

Trailers with mowers, 4 wheelers are number one up in this area. Most end up at that bright yellow pawn shop in Summerville.

One regular thief from this area has been caught repeatedly, but is still out driving around every night in his white pickup.

Last time he was caught he tried to run over someone that caught him in act and was let go next day with only a 50,000 bond, so he is right back at it.

Was out on bond and on probation for previous thefts by the way when committed the last one.

Slap on the wrist and back on the street again.

You've got that right!!! MM pawn is as crooked as the criminals they buy from ...I had a situation with the one in Moncks Corner several years back...found a buddies' television and I knew it was his because I helped him mount it the day he got it....

we put the factory bracket on wrong and ended up breaking it ...it broke flush to the housing on the back of the TV...so we had to mount it on his wall ...

I immediately noticed this and called my buddy on the spot and went and grabbed the manager..explained the situation to him and told him what was going on. My buddy was out of town and wouldn't be back for a few days...the manager assured him, over the phone, and me, face to face, that the TV would be placed in the back until the issue could be resolved and he could show proof that it was in fact his...well Ryan, my buddy, shows up several days later with paperwork in hand ..and the TV was gone..nowhere to be found and no reasonable explanation...

Keep in mind...the manager SPECIFICALLY said that there was no need to contact the police when they initially talked on the phone the day that I found it in the store

after about 20min of hearing BS Ryan called the police....as soon as the police got involved MM started playing a different tune...but it took Ryan getting the cops involved in order for them to cooperate ....

Turns out the TV had been relocated to another MM by "mistake" ...sorry worthless SOBs they are ....and yes, he got the TV back but it damn near took an act of congress to get it back
romeocadet08
hunter

Be careful!!!!!!

Postby romeocadet08 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:21 pm

There was also another instance involving the MM over on rivers ave in north charleston that I remember when I was in school.

I went to The Citadel. We lived in barracks and none of our rooms had locks ...

There was a group of janitors that were actively going around and rummaging rooms and taking stuff while classes were going on ...they were pawning everything through the MM on rivers ave ...they finally got popped and it came to a stop.

you can't tell me that MM didn't know what was going on..maybe not the exact specifics ...but these same characters constantly coming in with hoards of jewelry/watches/high dollar calculators/DVDs/console games...and they never even questioned them or reported the suspicious activity to the police...

rant over ..stepping down off the soap box
romeocadet08
hunter

Postby klee7013 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:39 pm

Someone cut a hole in a fence at work and stole some scrap metal from AC units.

Tried to the cut the masterlock :lol3: and barely scratched it so they cut a hole in the fence.
They had to do it for a hit of something because it was a car if they wanted to they could have had all kinds of crap.
The lady at the gas station in front of our shop saw it pull up and was park in a back corner of their lot between10-12 PM. :huh:
Hate a thief. :no:
klee7013
hunter

Postby romeocadet08 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:46 pm

klee7013 wrote:Someone cut a hole in a fence at work and stole some scrap metal from AC units.

Tried to the cut the masterlock :lol3: and barely scratched it so they cut a hole in the fence.
They had to do it for a hit of something because it was a car if they wanted to they could have had all kinds of crap.
The lady at the gas station in front of our shop saw it pull up and was park in a back corner of their lot between10-12 PM. :huh:
Hate a thief. :no:

I work for a state owned power utility company and there have been thousands and thousands of dollars worth of the copper grounding straps stolen from our substation yards all throughout the Lowcountry within the last year. Can't remember the exact figure but it was well over the $30K mark and that was back in July when they released that figure ...
romeocadet08
hunter

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting