Minot, ND duck hunting

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

Minot, ND duck hunting

Postby Bboud37 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:00 pm

I'm from Southern Louisiana. 2 of my friends and I are thinking about making a trip to ND this year for about a week to duck hunt. My mom grew up in Minot but hasn't gone back in quite sometime. We would probably stay somewhere there with distant family. Is there any good hunting anywhere around there? We hunt a lot of marsh land here in Louisiana. I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips. I've looked at the PLOTS system and am doing as much research as I can. It seems like you just find public land and go hunt it but that just sounds too easy being from here. Are the areas really densed down with hunters? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Geaux Tigers!
Bboud37
Newb

Re: Minot, ND duck hunting

Postby gooseslayingfool » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:00 pm

seen minot first hand last year. Everything priced according to the oil rig workers sallarys. 10 bucks for hot dog sodie water and bag chips. traffic horrible lines everywhere. construction and population explosion would be an understatement.
gooseslayingfool
hunter

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting