Duck Hunting Forum banner

bill collector

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Giv'em3 
#1 ·
i just bought a bill collector and it sticks a lot and wondering what everyones views are or if i should take it back to the store

#2 ·
There's no such thing as a duck call that won't stick. If it says it won't then they are fillin you full of BS. It may take some calls longer to stick than others but, every call out there does stick. You just have to deal with it. All of my calls stick so I just pull out the insert, pull the reed back and blow the moisture out from under it or wipe it out.

As for the Bill Collector, I don't have one but have blown one in the store and I like the double reed. I know guys that have them and have heard nothing but good things about them. If I were you I'd keep it. I don't think a store would take back a duck call anyway because I think there is some kind of rule about that. I know places like cabelas, and bass pro won't. Hope you enjoy that call.

#8 ·
I've never had any call stick while doing a feeder call......you say it was a double or a single?

My wife can't stand me blowing my calls in the house.......keep it up and they will disappear....ha ha ha :yes:

#9 ·
its a single reed i have never been able to blow the feeder call anyway but heard it was easier to do with a single reed but it was sticking all the time im thinking about buying one of those stupid things you shake for a feeder call cause i cant do it

#10 ·
I can blow the feed call that the ducks make in the air, and do the clucks they do on the water......I use a double and have had no trouble, don't see why people think the single is easier for that purpose.

I don't do the rolling feeder call cause I can't keep it going that long.....

#11 ·
don't see why people think the single is easier for that purpose.
It's not easier but it sounds cleaner and crisper. For me anyway. But I blow a double reed Foiles timber rattler. First double reed, that I have found, that I can make sound like a single.

Maybe try to break it lose with a short quack then start your feeding call. That sometimes helps me. :thumbsup:

Buy your girlfiend a call and she can practice with you. :yes: :tounge: :laughing: :laughing: :toofunny:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.