J A F N (just another freakin' n00b)

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, njonesy_07, Oregon Honker

J A F N (just another freakin' n00b)

Postby Swamp Puppy » Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:07 pm

:salude:

first off, anyone here that posts on either ifish or the 'fuge may know me as Mossberg_3.5. I didn't use that name here as i have ditched the Mossy and shoot a benelli now. 'nuff said.

For those that don't know me, I live in St Helens and hunt Sauvie Island's west side ALOT. When i am not there i am usually mucking about the lower columbia river. I moved here back in 2001 and just finished building a house. my wife is pregnant and the baby, a boy, will be born (hopefully) any day now.

Good Hunting,

-Ed
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby Woodywoodduck » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:29 pm

Swamp puppy,

Sorry to hear you Ditched the Mossberg! I would not trade my 835 for anything! :salude:

I see you posted you are from St. Helen's.
My 1 Brother lives there.

From the way he was talking, there isn't many Ducks out there, Course I really don't think he hunts Waterfowl, He is into the Elk and Black Tails!

Good Luck on your Baby Boy to come :thumbsup:
Our youth are the Back Bone to hunting of the Future. Teach them WELL!
Woodywoodduck
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:48 pm

i would have loved to keep my 835, but the dang ejector screw kept falling out at the worst times....usually while hunting. i finally had enough of the old beast and sold it. don't get me wrong. i have nothing bad to say about it, but after a season with the benelli...i don't really miss it that much either. :mrgreen:

Ducks have been a little slow around here. we had a good opener and the last 2 weeks have been pretty hot. the rest of the time has been slim pickens.
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Mossberg whats up

Postby JON » Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:32 pm

I'm waterfowlin101 on IFISH. Just wanted to say I read lots of your posts and respect you from the things I've seen written. Welcome to this site. People hatdly ever check the forum, and it take days to get replies, not like IFISH, but bwe are woring on it. Good to have you aboard.

Jon
JON
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:07 am

thanks JON. i don't profess to be a pro at this whole wterfowling thing. i don't take it as seriosly as most i guess. i prefer to have fun and enjoy a good hunt with good people as opposed to just stacking up greenheads. (not that i don't do that too... :laughing: )
Swamp Puppy
hunter

welcome

Postby gracenjohn » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:04 pm

:welcome:

John
thanks be to God
gracenjohn
hunter

Postby Woodywoodduck » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:37 pm

Swamp Puppy wrote:i would have loved to keep my 835, but the dang ejector screw kept falling out at the worst times....usually while hunting. .

DANG, That is the First I heard of that!

I've had mine since 1993 or 4 can't remember exactly which year I bought it.
Do know, my daughter was a baby, she was born in 93, so it was somewere in the 93-94 range.

Got it at a STEAL for $110.00 New. Store I bought it from had this thing called Register Roullette, would take a percent off your total at the end. Girl Rang it up wrong it gave me 10% off, she had to rering it! Gave me 50% off the second time around, I told her, You messed up this Time, To BAD!

I've beat the HECK out of mine, Dropped it in the mud WAY TO MANY TIMES, Dunked it in water and went back to hunting.

Only had 2 things go wrong with it.
95, it froze up on me in -10 weather in of all places South Carolina and 96 yet again in South Carolina was hunting deer with it from a Tree Stand, the Foot part of the Climber fell while I was 30 feet in a Tree and I had to Drop My Gun to a guy so I could hug a Tree to get down. He MISSED it and The Slide got Broke. Had to have my cousin who is a Gun Smith fix it for me.

Those are the only 2 things that went wrong with it (Knock on Wood)

I've been hearing some bad reports about the 935. Would like 1 but need to see what they do with them and the little problems they are having!

:thumbsup:
Our youth are the Back Bone to hunting of the Future. Teach them WELL!
Woodywoodduck
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:51 pm

yeah, my mossy was the execption. it was a darn good gun and i would recommend it to anyone. though the benelli nova is shaping up to be just as durable.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting