Duck Hunting Forum banner

Gooses 1844 mud boat build!

9K views 67 replies 29 participants last post by  Gunnysway 
#1 ·
I got the hull aug 9th and been working on it when i have time. Goodness there is tons of welding in one of these things!

See less See more
#5 ·
Got a great deal on the hull. Complete boat will cost me around $2000 when finished not counting motor. i used to have a big mud rig and want something easier to get around in. We have some great hunting spots that we have to winch a crossed dry ground to get to. Putting a mud buddy Black Death 4500 on it.

#22 ·
Yep started last Friday night. I a full time firefighter so I have a good of time off to work on it. I have been busting tail.

Rake is 6'4" for the fella that asked

What started this project was the fact I wanted a mud rig again but didn't wanna sell my jet boat i have rigged for bowfishing so $ what's a huge factor. I was calling around getting prices on have one built and just couldn't swing it. Then I started calling on just getting a hull with the transom and front rake done and I stumbled on to 3 of these hulls. I bought one and a buddy bought one for him and his dad. I wasn't very thrilled about the square chine myself but that was something I was willing to compromise in. So I guess we'll see on that issue.Another buddy if mine gave me the trailer I just ha to modify it a little. That being said after this project is completed I have right at $2400 in the boat completely ready for water including interior all aluminum, hull, welding wire, buffing and flapper grinding wheels, hinges, 2" drain plug, led interior lights, cup holders,switch panel ,navigation lights,fire extinguisher , builder pump, spot lights, paint ...... Well you get the point! Complete! I have a motor ordered which was a heck if a lot more then the boat but still have less then 10k invested in a brand new rig! Thanks for all of the compliments y'all. When I get it completely don't I'll post pics of some of the detailed things.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.