Making a layout blind

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Making a layout blind

Postby cjg » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:46 pm

Just wondering if anyone had made their own layout blind that isn't a pain to carry around and setup. I already did a search and didn't really find what I was looking for.
cjg
hunter

Re: Making a layout blind

Postby LiquidA45 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:32 pm

I've seen multiple threads on this and it usually ends with the idea of using pvc but that gets rejected because it won't be sturdy enough and then everyone agrees it's more simple to just buy one. If someone really wanted to make one I think it could be done buy obtaining one that is already made. dissembling it and make measurements of each part. resemble it and return it. then buy materials and make the pieces to assemble. bass pro just had them for $119. I have another idea but I don't want to type it from my phone. if I remember I will post tomorrow night.
LiquidA45
hunter

Postby grizz18 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:45 pm

Never tried it, but seems like it would be easy to make from EMT. Probably a PIA to transport though
grizz18
Squatch Life

Postby 2500hdon37s » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:47 am

Honestly its not worth your time, trouble, or money to build one. Buy a house brand like a Cabela's (what I run) or Roger's brand (my brother has 1, had 2)

it'll be a pain to set up, transport, likely heavier, unreliable as far as smooth operation every time, and less weather resistant.

you buy the materials to make one correctly and have it function like a store bought one and then you're already 80% of the cost of one. I've seen some made that had the right idea but they never got used due to being unreliable and a pain to carry.

I have a Cabela's interceptor elite, my brother has a Roger's goosebuster blind and they have been great for us. no problems, they pack well, and they hide great in most places.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Return to Hunting Gear Forum