Spanking New

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, Ichabod97, callncut, fowl mouth

Spanking New

Postby Ncosta89 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:24 pm

hi yall,

As the subject says im spanking new to duck hunting, don't even own a shotgun yet will be getting one soon looking at the benelli super nova. Im here in VA beach just recently got out of the navy but staying here for another year or two. i would love to do my first duck hunt this upcoming season but have no clue where to start, any tips and help is greatly appreciated. if anyone would take a newbie hunting that would be awesome! i don't mind getting dirty or help with money
Ncosta89
Newb

Re: Spanking New

Postby Mr.Blonde » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:15 am

welcome and I would recommend doing a guided hunt first to see if its what you want. Duck hunting can be very expensive, labor intensive and sometimes not worth the effort here in VA! If you do a few guided hunts and love it and are hooked then go balls out and enjoy! Welcome to the brotherhood!!

Either way welcome and thanks for your service!

Tyson
“Heaven to me is endless cypress swamps and hardwood forests loaded with game and ducks and not a game warden around!” -Phil Robertson
Mr.Blonde
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting