Looking for a lab puppy

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

Looking for a lab puppy

Postby AZ. Duckman » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:34 pm

Well I've had enough of being my own bird dog!! I was just wondering if anyone on the site knows of a litter of trainable pups? I've had labs in the past and they are the greatest!! This will be the first one I train to hunt, I'm pretty excited to get started so maybe he will be a hunter by 2005-2006 season. Any help would be appreciated.
AZ. Duckman
hunter

Postby AZ. Duckman » Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:57 am

Well I got my pup!! Gila is an eight week old black lab male from a breeder in chandler. I can't wait to have my new buddy in the duck blind with me.
AZ. Duckman
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:07 am

nice one AZ. the "real" swamp puppy started hunting at 10 months and hunted hard all through his first season this year. that's not to say that there wasn't a few times back in october/early november that i wasn't ready to just take him back and put him in the truck for the rest of the day. lol. at just over 1 year old of age i'll put him up against any dog as far as a hunting companion goes. he won't win any field trials and yeah, there are some things the he needs to work on. (lots of them..lol) but he get's it done.

good luck with the pup..put up some picks when you can.

btw..love the name. Gila...Monster...young lab puppy....oh yeah. :thumbsup: :salude:
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby had » Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:49 pm

i am happy for you nothing like a good dog to make duck hunting better. cool name!
This site is about having some fun, learning, helping others, and enjoying the commaradre' of other waterfowl hunters. And if you do not like those 4 things, then do not let the door hit you on the way out of here.
had
hunter

Postby AZ. Duckman » Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:20 pm

It has been a long time since I have had a lab pup. He is doing really good. He loves to fetch and will "Give" the baby bumper back. He also will "sit" very well. It is alot of work, he still chews on everything, even though he has plenty of toys. It would be so cool if he was ready for ducks when Oct. rolls around. I think he is gonna be a really good dog!!

I would post some pics but I don't know how. maybe when I have some more time I'll try to figure it out. Later guys.
AZ. Duckman
hunter

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting