Just passing the time ...

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

Re: Just passing the time ...

Postby Boykinboy » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:02 pm

That's some dang good catchin there red ranger! Did you get on any trout? That fall trout and redfish bite is my favorite thing
-yakman72 from cf.com
Boykinboy
hunter

Postby romeocadet08 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:33 pm

Boykinboy wrote:That's some dang good catchin there red ranger! Did you get on any trout? That fall trout and redfish bite is my favorite thing
-yakman72 from cf.com

Hahaha. Small world. We caught one trout the other day which was surprising..actually..very surprising!! The water was a little muddy though. At that spot they don't tend to eat as well when the water is dirty.

I've never really much messed with the Fall bite as much as I've wanted to bc other things..quack quack...have my attention but if the bite continues to pick up the way it has the last several weeks I may have to make a run at them a few times before I head West
romeocadet08
hunter

Postby LowcountryGamecock » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:04 pm

One thing about the fall bite - its fast and furious. Fed the family for two weeks last year fishing 30 minutes every other day. If only trout fought a little better it would beat out spot tails in the grass for me. I love November!
LowcountryGamecock
hunter

Postby romeocadet08 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:15 pm

LowcountryGamecock wrote:One thing about the fall bite - its fast and furious. Fed the family for two weeks last year fishing 30 minutes every other day. If only trout fought a little better it would beat out spot tails in the grass for me. I love November!

The reds in the grass is where it's at for me...love the stalk. Like turkey hunting ...see em and go to em quickly but gently enough not to bump em

The live bait/dead bait gig is more of a lazy mans sport but enjoyable. I like arrivals on top water early and late in the day too

It's just a fill for me for several months between spring and fall but I'd be lying through my teeth if I said I didn't thoroughly enjoy it!!!
romeocadet08
hunter

Postby Woodiewacker » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:45 pm

RC come on down to Beaufort in late April early may...I'll put you on the biggest hardest fighting fish you've ever caught inshore..the great cobia!! Damned fine eating too...all you need is your beverage of choice and a good attitude and it's game on
Woodiewacker
hunter

Postby quackadikt » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:31 pm

Word on the street is, romeo is really fond of working big rods. :moon:
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold
quackadikt
State Moderator

Location: The Irrirgation Canal formerly known as the Rio Grande

Postby romeocadet08 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:30 am

quackadikt wrote:Word on the street is, romeo is really fond of working big rods. :moon:

Shouldn't you be over in the New Meh-hecco state forum?!
romeocadet08
hunter

Postby rrconductor » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:42 am

romeocadet08 wrote:
quackadikt wrote:Word on the street is, romeo is really fond of working big rods. :moon:

Shouldn't you be over in the New Meh-hecco state forum?!

He's everywhere, just saw a post on SCD about game commissioner change in NM, heck I 've seen him on 24CF.

The game comm thing in NM is no different than the SC Senator shooting the robo deer and that got swept under the good ole boy rug.

QA just wants to be back home in SC.

GO TIGERS!!
rrconductor
hunter

Previous

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting