We need some emails

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, quackadikt, ghostingrey

We need some emails

Postby quackadikt » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:05 pm

The International Boundary Water Committee(IBWC) wasn't actually allowing hunting along the Rio Grande for the last 4 years or so. I finally brought it to the attention of several conservation organizations last year that this was complete horse-shit. Now the IBWC is proposing allowed hunting areas along the river so that we can hunt without fear of being given a trespassing ticket from the County LEOs in the area(IBWC doesn't have a LE division, so they were enlisting the Sheriff offices).

If you've got a minute between now and Friday, please send a quick email just saying that you support the proposed hunting areas. It would really help us out. Here's an email from the New Mexico Wildlife Federation.

Southern New Mexico bird hunters need to speak up soon to protect their hunting opportunity on the lower Rio Grande.

Last year, the International Boundary and Water Commission (IBWC) put up “no hunting” signs from Percha Dam State Park to the Texas state line in the Rio Grande floodplain where hunters traditionally have hunted doves, quail, sandhill cranes and waterfowl.

The IBWC has now completed an environmental assessment showing that hunting along the Rio Grande corridor will have little to no environmental impact. Working with the Department of Game and Fish, the IBWC has proposed a “preferred alternative” to allow bird hunting in designated areas along the Rio Grande corridor ( link to the full proposal http://www.nmwildlife.org/images/uploads/DEA_Hunting_07232013.pdf ).
Sportsmen interested in protecting their right to hunt in the Rio Grande floodplain need to let their voices be heard. The IBWC is taking public comment only through Friday, Aug. 23. Depending on what comments are received, the IBWC will determine whether hunting will be allowed to continue. If you want to keep your right to hunt birds along the river, speak up now!

NWMF and Dona Ana County Associated Sportsmen support the IBWC preferred alternative.

Take a moment now to read the proposal and preferred alternative, then click here to send your comments to the IBWC, or submit them directly to elizabeth.verdecchia@ibwc.gov. As always, be respectful. Tell them you're a hunter who wants to continue the bird hunting tradition and opportunity along the lower Rio Grande. But hurry - the deadline to comment is Friday.

Pass it on

It is important for New Mexico sportsmen to stay informed and get involved. Please pass this alert on to your friends and family.

Thanks again for anyone that does this and pass it around. Even you pansies from up north :biggrin: I sent several emails about JL and Bernardo(even though I never got a response) and I never hunt that far north...so if y'all will return the favor, I(and others) would really appreciate it.
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold
quackadikt
State Moderator

Location: The Irrirgation Canal formerly known as the Rio Grande

Re: We need some emails

Postby quackadikt » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:06 am

So has anyone taken the time to send out an email? It sure would be nice to get some support from waterfowlers in this state.
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold
quackadikt
State Moderator

Postby NM ducker » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:24 am

sent mine last Thursday.... My Game and Fish in Las Cruces contact gave me a heads up last week...
NM ducker
Newb

Postby quackadikt » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:34 am

:thumbsup:
quackadikt
State Moderator

Postby randy marci » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:06 pm

done deal :thumbsup:
this is where all the cool kids put how many ducks they kill
randy marci
State Moderator

Postby quackadikt » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:51 pm

The legend is still alive...I was beginning to worry about you buddy.
quackadikt
State Moderator

Postby vlb » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:59 pm

Post up a form letter and post on all the other state fourms.
vlb
hunter

Postby quackadikt » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:25 pm

I'm not real sure how to do that, but the deadline is tomorrow...
quackadikt
State Moderator

Postby randy marci » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:21 pm

quackadikt wrote:The legend is still alive...I was beginning to worry about you buddy.

lol. took a little much needed break from forums. I have still been peaking in here from time to time. Just wanted to keep a low profile. easier on the blood pressure and the stalkers... :wink: :lol3:

Anyways, hope you get some places to hunt without fear of Law Enforcement BS this year buddy. :thumbsup:
this is where all the cool kids put how many ducks they kill
randy marci
State Moderator

Postby willkess » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:04 pm

Sent
willkess
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting