Gotta Love Louisiana!

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Gotta Love Louisiana!

Postby tucker301 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:28 pm

Where the most wrong Conservatives believe they are the most right. :lol3: :huh:

Source: http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/ ... LA_821.pdf
tucker301
hunter

Re: Gotta Love Louisiana!

Postby slowshooter » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:22 pm

He is a masterful evildoer! :lol3:
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby boney fingers » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:48 pm

Can someone's opinion be wrong?
boney fingers
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:10 pm

The thing is if some dumbass called me and asked something so completely stupid, I would respond with the dumbest answer possible because I tend to respond to stupidity by being a smartass.

Are you sure if they would have added Mickey Mouse to the poll that that little rat bastard would not have received a plurality? :thumbsup:

He'd have gotten my vote :yes:

What if you are sure that they are equally responsible because the blame for the poor response relies entirely with the state and local government? :huh:

Liberals are so simple minded, it almost ceases to be entertaining.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby ctdeathfrombelow » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:41 pm

This is satire.....
Read some of the questions:
Do you have a favorable opinion of Drew Brees?
Do you have a favorable opinion of mother Theresa?
ctdeathfrombelow
hunter

Postby tucker301 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:51 pm

ctdeathfrombelow wrote:This is satire.....

Not satire. These kinds of questions help to establish a general level of knowledge about current events.
Remember, Newt Gingrich wanted to establish a moon colony. That wasn't satire, but it sure as Hell should have been.
tucker301
hunter

Postby cartervj » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:01 pm

imagine that :lol3:

Public Policy Polling (PPP) is a U.S. polling firm based in Raleigh, North Carolina.[1] PPP was founded in 2001 by businessman Dean Debnam, the firm's current president and Chief Executive Officer.[2]

PPP is described as one of the "most accurate" polling companies[3][4] and also as a "Democratic-leaning"[5] polling company because its poll results have displayed a "Democrat-leaning house effect" methodology compared to a consensus of other polling firms.

In addition to political issues, the company has polled the public on such diverse topics as the approval rating of God,[6] whether Republican voters believe President Obama would be eligible to enter heaven in the event of the Rapture[7] and whether hipsters should be subjected to a special tax for being annoying.[8]

both its independently conducted poll and the one it does in collaboration with Daily Kos and the SEIU.

“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:15 pm

Oh come on. This is the real deal man. Just ask the Inda's or any of the other hooters down there, like that crazy swamp legend guy who's always trying to wreck his boat, or the ones always out killin' gators and hootin' it up -- yellin' "shoot 'im, shoot 'im" ... They ain't right in the head.

The only place I'm aware of with more phucktards than Louisiana is Idaho.

Whut? it's not satire? Never mind.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:33 pm

dudejcb wrote:

Oh come on. This is the real deal man. Just ask the Inda's or any of the other hooters down there, like that crazy swamp legend guy who's always trying to wreck his boat, or the ones always out killin' gators and hootin' it up -- yellin' "shoot 'im, shoot 'im" ... They ain't right in the head.

The only place I'm aware of with more phucktards than Louisiana is Idaho.

Whut? it's not satire? Never mind.

I take offense to this post.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby tucker301 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:31 pm

In the same poll, Jesus got way better numbers than did "Duck Dynasty".
I was thinking they were the same thing. :huh:
tucker301
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:45 pm

tucker301 wrote:Not satire. These kinds of questions help to establish a general level of knowledge about current events.
IF PEOPLE ANSWER THEM HONESTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If not, and I would not, then what do they measure? :huh: How many smartasses exist? :yes:

All I know is that sitting here in the LA airport, I'm not going to drink the water. I don't want to catch whatever infects the people out here. Although, I think I will have another beer here in the United Club :yes: Traveling like the elite this trip. Was upgraded to first class and had a free pass to the United Club. :banana: Of course, I get back to Chicago at 5:40AM :sad: Yep, definitely going to have at least one more free beer.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:05 am

SpinnerMan wrote:The thing is if some dumbass called me and asked something so completely stupid, I would respond with the dumbest answer possible because I tend to respond to stupidity by being a smartass.

Are you sure if they would have added Mickey Mouse to the poll that that little rat bastard would not have received a plurality? :thumbsup:

What if you are sure that they are equally responsible because the blame for the poor response relies entirely with the state and local government? :huh:

You're ordinarily a big fan of Occam's razor.........until it cuts the wrong way I guess, at which point no explanation is too profuse or far-fetched to be brought into play. The smart-ass theory of random data distribution? Really? :lol3:
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby tucker301 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:25 am

And let's not forget how the bible was written by a bunch of smart-asses.
tucker301
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:31 am

tucker301 wrote:And let's not forget how the bible was written by a bunch of smart-asses.

:huh:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby tucker301 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:18 am

Indaswamp wrote: :huh:

Bear mauls 42 children for teasing bald man.
Fat King stabbed and craps himself to death.
If you're going to have sex with your dead brother's wife, you'd better not pull out. God kills people for that.
Don't rape my male guest stranger. Rape my virgin daughter instead. Still not satisfied? Then go ahead and rape and murder my guest's girlfriend.
So you wanna marry my daughter. Well then go and bring me 100 foreskins!
Is the lighter company Zippo named after Moses' wife, because she was quick with the flint?
We all get a little cranky when we're hungry, but killing a fig tree because it doesn't bear fruit out of season? Dude, have a Snickers.
Moses waited his whole life to see the face of God, but at the last second, God shows him his ass instead.
Smack dat ass hard enough and it will start talking to you!
If you want striped cattle, then all you have to do is paint some sticks with stripes and put them in your pasture.

Is this a Monty Python movie or the holy scripture?
Smart-asses.
tucker301
hunter

Postby ohio mike » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:57 am

I would not stand next to you in a thunder storm.
Life is to short to hunt with a ugly gun.
ohio mike
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:00 am

tucker301 wrote:

If you're going to have sex with your dead brother's wife, you'd better not pull out. God kills people for that.
Don't rape my male guest stranger. Rape my virgin daughter instead. Still not satisfied? Then go ahead and rape and murder my guest's girlfriend.
Is the lighter company Zippo named after Moses' wife, because she was quick with the flint?
We all get a little cranky when we're hungry, but killing a fig tree because it doesn't bear fruit out of season? Dude, have a Snickers.
Moses waited his whole life to see the face of God, but at the last second, God shows him his ass instead.
If you want striped cattle, then all you have to do is paint some sticks with stripes and put them in your pasture.

Smart-asses.

what version have you been reading?

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby tucker301 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:55 am

tucker301 wrote:

I have inserted the quotes for you, oh scholarly one.
It's more fun if you read them in a silly Monty Python voice.

And he went up from thence to Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, little boys came out of the city and mocked him, saying: Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. [24] And looking back, he saw them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord: and there came forth two bears out of the forest, and tore of them two and forty boys

And Aod put forth his left hand, and took the dagger from his right thigh, and thrust it into his belly, [22] With such force that the haft went in after the blade into the wound, and was closed up with the abundance of fat. So that he did not draw out the dagger, but left it in his body as he had struck it in. And forthwith by the secret parts of nature the excrements of the belly came out. [23] But Aod carefully shutting the doors of the parlour and locking them, [24] Went out by a postern door. And the king' s servants going in, saw the doors of the parlour shut, and they said: Perhaps he is easing nature in his summer parlour. [25] And waiting a long time till they were ashamed, and seeing that no man opened the door, they took a key: and opening, they found their lord lying dead on the ground.

Juda, therefore said to Onan his son: Go in to thy brother' s wife and marry her, that thou mayst raise seed to thy brother. [9] He knowing that the children should not be his, when he went in to his brother' s wife, spilled his seed upon the ground, lest children should be born in his brother' s name. [10] And therefore the Lord slew him, because he did a detestable thing.

And he brought him into his house, and gave provender to his asses: and after they had washed their feet, he entertained them with a feast. [22] While they were making merry, and refreshing their bodies with meat and drink, after the labour of the journey, the men of that city, sons of Belial, (that is, without yoke,) came and beset the old man' s house, and began to knock at the door, calling to the master of the house, and saying: Bring forth the man that came into thy house, that we may abuse him. [23] And the old man went out to them, and said: Do not so, my brethren, do not so wickedly: because this man is come into my lodging, and cease I pray you from this folly. [24] I have a maiden daughter, and this man hath a concubine, I will bring them out to you, and you may humble them, and satisfy your lust: only, I beseech you, commit not this crime against nature on the man. [25] They would not be satisfied with his words; which the man seeing, brought out his concubine to them, and abandoned her to their wickedness: and when they had abused her all the night, they let her go in the morning.

[26] But the woman, at the dawning of the day, came to the door of the house where her lord lodged, and there fell down. [27] And in the morning the man arose, and opened the door that he might end the journey he had begun: and behold his concubine lay before the door with her hands spread on the threshold. [28] He thinking she was taking her rest, said to her: Arise, and let us be going. But as she made no answer, perceiving she was dead, he took her up, and laid her upon his ass, and returned to his house. [29] And when he was come home he took a sword, and divided the dead body of his wife with her bones into twelve parts, and sent the pieces into all the borders of Israel.

And David said: Doth it seem to you a small matter to be the king' s son in law? But I am a poor man, and of small ability. [24] And the servants of Saul told him, saying: Such words as these hath David spoken. [25] And Saul said: Speak thus to David: The king desireth not any dowry, but only a hundred foreskins of the Philistines, to be avenged of the king' s enemies.

Thus saith the Lord: Israel is my son, my firstborn. [23] I have said to thee: Let my son go, that he may serve me, and thou wouldst not let him go: behold I will kill thy son, thy firstborn. [24] And when he was in his journey, in the inn, the Lord met him, and would have killed him. [25] Immediately Sephora took a very sharp stone, and circumcised the fore skin of her son, and touched his feet and said: A bloody spouse art thou to me.

And the next day when they came out from Bethania, he was hungry. [13] And when he had seen afar off a fig tree having leaves, he came if perhaps he might find any thing on it. And when he was come to it, he found nothing but leaves. For it was not the time for figs. [14] And answering he said to it: May no man hereafter eat fruit of thee any more for ever.

And again he said: Behold there is a place with me, and thou shalt stand upon the rock. [22] And when my glory shall pass, I will set thee in a hole of the rock, and protect thee with my right hand, till I pass: [23] And I will take away my hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face thou canst not see.

And when the ass saw the angel standing, she fell under the feet of the rider: who being angry beat her sides more vehemently with a staff. [28] And the Lord opened the mouth of the ass, and she said: What have I done to thee? Why strikest thou me, lo, now this third time?

And Jacob took green rods of poplar, and of almond, and of plane trees, and pilled them in part: so when the bark was taken off, in the parts that were pilled, there appeared whiteness: but the parts that were whole remained green: and by this means the colour was divers. [38] And he put them in the troughs, where the water was poured out: that when the flocks should come to drink, they might have the rods before their eyes, and in the sight of them might conceive. [39] And it came to pass that in the very heat of coition, the sheep beheld the rods, and brought forth spotted, and of divers colours, and speckled.

Smart-asses.
tucker301
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:57 am

old testament...got anything from the new testament?

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:05 am

So 28% of people polled blamed Bush who had nothing to do with Katrina except taking the blame for being slow when the military was there the next day. The Corp of Enineers weathered the storm and was on site the entire time. while on the right side of the fence 29% blamed Obama who clearly had nothing to do with it at all. Same number of idiots talking with a 1% variance being insignificant in a polling environment. Particularly when you take the smartass factor into account.

DHC - The website site with the most self proclaimed "intelligent" liberals pointing out useless info which proves their own team is an ingnorant bunch of morons, just like the people they are making fun of. :lol3:

Shall I start posting up the pollster who asks stupid poll questions like should we kill old people to support Obama and how many liberal idiots sign the petition. In one video an old guy signed the petition to off himself to support Obama. :fingerhead:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:43 am

blackduckdog2 wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:The thing is if some dumbass called me and asked something so completely stupid, I would respond with the dumbest answer possible because I tend to respond to stupidity by being a smartass.

You're ordinarily a big fan of Occam's razor.........until it cuts the wrong way I guess, at which point no explanation is too profuse or far-fetched to be brought into play. The smart-ass theory of random data distribution? Really? :lol3:

Occam's razor - ask a stupid question get a stupid answer. Does it get any more clear than that? :huh:

I know how I would answer it, so why is it not in line with Occam's razor to think others would to? :huh:

Not making it complicated, am I? :no:
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby tucker301 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:46 am

Indaswamp wrote:old testament...got anything from the new testament?

"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Is that a backhanded compliment?

"If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple." - What is this, Amway?

Lessons not learned by any Conservative... ever.

Don't plan for the future. (Matthew 6:34)
Don't save money. (Matthew 6:19-20)
Don't become wealthy. (Mark 10:21-25)
Sell everything and give it to the poor. (Luke 12:33)
Don't work to obtain food. (John 6:27)
Don't have sexual urges. (Matthew 5:28)
Make people want to persecute you. (Matthew 5:11) ... well, OK... maybe not that one.
Let everyone know you are better than the rest. (Matthew 5:13-16) .. or that one.
If someone steals from you, don't try to get it back. (Luke 6:30)
If someone hits you, invite them to do it again. (Matthew 5:39)
If you lose a lawsuit, give more than the judgment. (Matthew 5:40)

Party on, Prince of Peace!
"Do not think that I have come to bring peace upon earth. I have come to bring not peace but the sword. For I have come to set a man 'against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and one's enemies will be those of his household"

Livestock rustling is illegal!
"When they drew near Jerusalem and came to Bethphage on the Mount of Olives, Jesus sent two disciples, saying to them, "Go into the village opposite you, and immediately you will find an ass tethered, and a colt with her. Untie them and bring them here to me."

Smart-asses....

69 The infant Christ was taken into Egypt
Matt 2:14,15,19,21,23
The infant Christ was not taken into Egypt
Luke 2:22, 39
70. Christ was tempted in the wilderness
Mark 1:12,13
Christ was not tempted in the wilderness
John 2:1,2
71. Christ preached his first sermon on the mount
Matt 5:1,2
Christ preached his first sermon on the plain
Luke 6:17,20
72. John was in prison when Jesus went into Galilee
Mark 1:14
John was not in prison when Jesus went into Galilee
John 1:43/ John 3:22-24
73. Christ's disciples were commanded to go forth with a staff
and sandals
Mark 6:8,9
Christ's disciples were commanded to go forth with neither
staffs nor sandals.
Matt 10:9,10
74. A woman of Canaan besought Jesus
Matt 15:22
It was a Greek woman who besought Him
Mark 7:26
75. Two blind men besought Jesus
Matt 20:30
Only one blind man besought Him
Luke 18:35,38
76. Christ was crucified at the third hour
Mark 15:25
Christ was not crucified until the sixth hour
John 19:14,15
77. The two thieves reviled Christ.
Matt 27:44/ Mark 15:32
Only one of the thieves reviled Christ
Luke 23:39,40
78. Satan entered into Judas while at supper
John 13:27
Satan entered into him before the supper
Luke 22:3,4,7
79. Judas committed suicide by hanging
Matt 27:5
Judas did not hang himself, but died another way
Acts 1:18
80. The potter's field was purchased by Judas
Acts 1:18
The potter's field was purchased by the Chief Priests
Matt 27:6,7
81. There was but one woman who came to the sepulchre
John 20:1
There were two women who came to the sepulchre
Matt 28:1
82. There were three women who came to the sepulchre
Mark 16:1
There were more than three women who came to the sepulchre
Luke 24:10
83. It was at sunrise when they came to the sepulchre
Mark 16:2
It was some time before sunrise when they came.
John 20:1
84. There were two angels seen by the women at the sepulchre, and
they were standing up.
Luke 24:4
There was but one angel seen, and he was sitting down.
Matt 28:2,5
85. There were two angels seen within the sepulchre.
John 20:11,12
There was but one angel seen within the sepulchre
Mark 16:5
86. Christ was to be three days and three nights in the grave
Matt 12:40
Christ was but two days and two nights in the grave
Mark 15:25,42,44,45,46; 16:9>
87. Holy ghost bestowed at pentecost
Acts 1:8,5
Holy ghost bestowed before pentecost
John 20:22
88. The disciples were commanded immediately after the
resurrection to go into Galilee
Matt 28:10
The disciples were commanded immediately after the
resurrection to go tarry at Jerusalem
Luke 24:49
89. Jesus first appeared to the eleven disciples in a room at
Jerusalem
Luke 24:33,36,37/ John 20:19
Jesus first appeared to the eleven on a mountain in Galilee
Matt 28:16,17
90. Christ ascended from Mount Olivet
Acts 1:9,12
Christ ascended from Bethany
Luke 24:50,51
91. Paul's attendants heard the miraculous voice, and stood
speechless
Acts 9:7
Paul's attendants heard not the voice and were prostrate
Acts 26:14

126. Worldly prosperity a reward of righteousness and a blessing
Mark 10:29,30/ Ps 37:25/ Ps 112:1,3/ Job 22:23,24/
Prov 15:6
Worldly prosperity a curse and a bar to future reward
Luke 6:20,24/ Matt 6:19,21/ Luke 16:22/ Matt 19:24/
Luke 6:24
127. The Christian yoke is easy
Matt 11:28,29,30
The Christian yoke is not easy
John 16:33/ 2 Tim 3:12/ Heb 12:6,
tucker301
hunter

Postby tucker301 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:03 am

ScaupHunter wrote:So 28% of people polled blamed Bush who had nothing to do with Katrina except taking the blame for being slow when the military was there the next day.

tucker301
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:15 am

The obsession with Bush even all these years later is exactly why it was so obviously not a serious question, but a political one. That's why in LA, the smartass factor is likely very high.

And it supports the common premise of a conman, tell a person what they want to hear and they will believe it ever time. Skepticism goes right out the window when someone tells you what you want to hear. Look at dude's comments.

Liberals are just not serious about skepticism when it comes to the search for facts and the truth.

Instead of looking at that poll and say that it seems to good to be true, therefore it probably is not what it seems, but it might be, it has to be true because they want it to be true.

Of course, if you go look at the street interviews done by Howard Stern and how clueless many Obama supporters were and not even knowing that bin laden had been killed. Hell maybe it is true. I'm pretty convinced we are screwed because of the path we are on and a lot of it is total ignorance across the board.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:46 am

Oh, we are well and truly doomed. The stupid and lazy are not only out breeding the intelligent they are being paid to do so with the intelligents tax dollar. If that isn't a recipe for disaster I don't know what is.

I love how Tucker wants to play the old game of taking a verse by itself and using it out of context. It was very typical of old day hell fire and brimstone preachers to do the same thing.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum