New in NJ

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

New in NJ

Postby JPro_coastie » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:14 pm

Hey guys,

I'm in the coast guard and just got transferred to NJ this summer. I started duck hunting last year in Washington and got totally hooked and I am looking forward to continuing this season. I've been scoping out some spots for the upcoming season without much luck and I'm looking for some general guidance on a good place to look. Any help would be much appreciated!

If anyone out there is looking for someone to hunt with or don't mind one more in your group that would be pretty cool too!

Thanks everyone!
James
JPro_coastie
Newb

Re: New in NJ

Postby bayside » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:20 am

James,
Welcome! Pretty sure the scenery cant compare to Washington, but NJ has a lot to offer. Proximity to major metro areas (cultural attractions, more sports than can be followed and terrific educational opportunities) as well as outdoor pursuits (poconos, highlands, catskills, pine barrens & of course THe Shore!
Let us know where you're stationed and (given we are the most densely populated state) a DHCer is nearby to help dial you in!
bayside
hunter

Postby JPro_coastie » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:03 pm

Thank you!

I'm stationed up in beautiful Bayonne (haha).
JPro_coastie
Newb

Postby crewchief252 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:51 am

JPro_coastie wrote:Thank you!

I'm stationed up in beautiful Bayonne (haha).

Raritan bay is pretty good, been hunting it for years, pm me for specifics. And welcome to the state and the site
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Lagesse0311 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:00 pm

I am also transferring to the same area in October. Englewood though. I'm originally from ky. Have been hunting down there for the past 10 years or so. I have a 2.5 year old yellow lab. Anyone that could help me get oriented to that area I would really appreciate it, or wants to hunt together. Like I said I have a dog.
Lagesse0311
Newb

Postby altrocker1 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:29 pm

hey...your just down the street from me :)

i have been duck hunting for over 20 years now, but this is going to be my first year in jersey...get ahold of me via pm if you ever want to meet up
altrocker1
hunter

Postby Quackerbarrel » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:51 pm

Raritan Bay can get pretty dangerous or more dangerous then one will assume and aside from the obvious cold water threats.
I honestly don't hunt it much but will be more this year since its my backyard and will make an easy hunt. If you need me to swing by and see if I'm seeing any birds this season before you make the trip let me know.
Quackerbarrel
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting