Moved to Texarkana from North Carolina

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

Postby duckthug » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:10 pm

I left the army in march and I love hunting but don't know where I need to go around here
duckthug
hunter

Re: Moved to Texarkana from North Carolina

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:51 am

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/

This should help... Good luck
"keep the lord in your heart, and keep your powder dry..." chris knight
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby Ecardona » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:02 am

Give duks r us a call they have the birds
Ecardona
hunter

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:37 pm

If you ever find yourself down here in the corpus area hit me up. I will try and put you on a few ducks, what was your mos?

Sent from my busted iPhone
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" -- George Washington

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby :-) » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:50 pm

duckthug...those NE Texas boys are good at keeping secrets. I was born and raised up there, and won't even tell my family about my spots even though I only get to hunt them twice a year.

On a serious note, the best duck hunting is on private land. Find you a deer lease, and I'm sure there'll be a nice beaver pond to hunt. Other than that I can't/won't help.
:-)
hunter

Postby Barney#1 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:13 pm

:welcome:
Barney#1
hunter

Postby txbowhunter08 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:44 pm

I was hunting some public land around texarkana had some folks walk up on me saying they were the duckthugs! Any ways I'm in the army still stationed at ft hood but I come home ( new boston) to hunt a lot I can take u out a couple of times so u some spots. Can take you I some honey holes but u will have to be blindfolded to go to them spots!!!
txbowhunter08
hunter

Postby :-) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:04 pm

txbowhunter08 wrote:I was hunting some public land around texarkana had some folks walk up on me saying they were the duckthugs! Any ways I'm in the army still stationed at ft hood but I come home ( new boston) to hunt a lot I can take u out a couple of times so u some spots. Can take you I some honey holes but u will have to be blindfolded to go to them spots!!!

Your spots may be dried up...I was planning a trip with some folks up there, and unless they get some rain it's gonna be a hard year. The past couple years have been great, but all good things must come to an end.

I grew up near Douglassville...most likely know a couple of the same spots, and they are bad off.

Thank you for your service!
:-)
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting