U.S.- War with Syria?

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

U.S.- War with Syria?

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:50 am

Are we about to be involved in another war without congressional approval?
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-08-23/pentagon-preparing-cruise-missile-launch-against-syria
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Re: U.S.- War with Syria?

Postby Glimmerjim » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:11 am

Indaswamp wrote:Are we about to be involved in another war without congressional approval?
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-08-23/pentagon-preparing-cruise-missile-launch-against-syria

I am not sure that i would call it a war that I anticipate, Inda. Pehaps an"Intervention>" :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby TomKat » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:10 am

What ever it is, its WRONG and a violation of the constitution, and a continuation of Dog Crap theory in foreign policy.

We have no business messing around in Syria, we are NOT the unpaid policeman of the world.
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby BurninPowder » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:22 am

TomKat wrote:What ever it is, its WRONG and a violation of the constitution, and a continuation of Dog Crap theory in foreign policy.

We have no business messing around in Syria, we are NOT the unpaid policeman of the world.

This^ but evidently if we intervene in Syria, Iran warns of dire consequences, per one of their top military commanders. I know we hear that all the time... Wonder how things would actually play out if Iran did "attack". With this limp dish rag of a president, we'd probably end up half stepping and get our teeth knocked down our throat. Hopefully this is all rhetoric and posturing, and nothing will come of it.
BurninPowder
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:35 am

irony.....

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby WTN10 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:53 am

He's doing everything to earn that Nobel Peace Prize.
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:39 am

No good can come of entering our participating further in acts of war in Syria. But then again its probably Bushes fault. If he hadn't set such a bad example Obama probably never would have done these things.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby seastreet » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:57 am

beretta24 wrote:No good can come of entering our participating further in acts of war in Syria. But then again its probably Bushes fault. If he hadn't set such a bad example Obama probably never would have done these things.

Except Bush had congressional approval. Still wasn't a good decision, but he did have congressional approval. My only thing was that since we were in Iraq, we could at least go to win, and that is where Bush made a mess of things.

The problem I have with the Syria mess is that we want to toss a murderous dictator out, and replace him. Okay... Replace him with whom? There lies the issue. The only people stepping up to the plate are folks who have pledged loyalty to Al Qaeda.

Because of this, we need to stay the heck out. Obama has waffled on this subject frequently by first laying out red lines, then saying that we shouldn't get involved (which I actually agreed with him and was relieved to hear him say), followed by now with him starting to build up forces and doing a bunch of saber rattling. Obama saying one thing and doing another has been the status quo all along for this Golfer in Chief.

I say let them all kill each other and let Allah sort it out. Two groups of evil murdering each other, without us involved, benefits us because they are too busy killing each other to worry about executing jihad on us.

Stay out of Syria. Iraq and Afghanistan should have taught us a lesson. The country is war weary, and the media is scared to death that they will have to cover Code Pink protesting their Messiah in Chief.
Glimmerjim wrote: I may be slow but I'm dumb!
seastreet
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:23 am

TomKat wrote:What ever it is, its WRONG and a violation of the constitution
Which section of the Constitution is being violated?

http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/constitution_transcript.html

Bad decisions are not by definition unconstitutional.

Is your interpretation that the Commander in Chief cannot order a single shot fired without a declaration of war from Congress? Where's the line in your opinion?

BTW, the bad decision he made was when he made the half-empty threat about there being a red line if Syria used chemical weapons. He has tried desperately to make it a totally empty threat, but the Syrians have disregarded him as weak and impotent and gased their people.

So now Obama must try to save face by killing some more of the Syrian people that the leaders don't care a lick about. That'll show Assad. :rolleyes:

I don't know what everybody is getting worried about. A few cruise missiles, some explosions for the TV, a TV appearance by Obama talking about how he has degraded their capacity or some such thing, and we move on, problem unsolved.

http://www.cnn.com/US/9808/20/us.strikes.02/index.html?_s=PM:US
American cruise missiles pounded sites in Afghanistan and Sudan Thursday in retaliation for the deadly bombings of U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania on August 7.

"Let our actions today send this message loud and clear -- there are no expendable American targets," U.S. President Clinton said in a televised address to the American people Thursday evening. "There will be no sanctuary for terrorists. We will defend our people, our interests and our values."

Something like this, but edited for the use of chemical weapons on the Syrians.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:33 am

If Assad is removed from power, the question becomes. "who will replace him?" Schit does not happen in a vaccuum and If you look at the prospective leaders who could take his place, they are not exactly freedom loving individuals.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby ScaupHunter » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:41 am

Assad is the lawful King of Syria. His family has ruled that nation for generations.

A bunch of Syrian people want to rebel against their lawful sovereign. I guarantee you that those people were incited by external forces. Assad decides after tens of thousands of deaths of the people he is responsible for that enough is enough. He then escalates to using chemical agents on his enemies. Now a bunch of Americans are getting butt hurt because he is fighting to win in a war he should not be having to fight. All while one of our biggest complaints is that we don't fight wars to win them.

Why are chemical agents horrible? Because they kill people? Dead is just that dead. Chemical weapons are horrible because a bunch of nations a while back decided to say they were horrible? Why? They are indiscriminate killers. So is a nuke, a Daisy Cutter bomb, a cluster bomb, etc.... It is all a matter of scale. What is worse, dying over hours with your guts laying next to you, bleeding out from a missing foot from a land mine, or dying from chemical agents. War is brutal gentlemen. We have no place telling another nation how to fight it one. Most particularly within their own nation. I hope Assad prevails, then hunts down and hangs every piece of crap Syrian that is fighting against him.

We napalmed people in Vietnam. We are the only nation to use nukes. Twice! We as Americans have zero standing to point fingers at other people and say they are horrible. We as a nation are the merchants of war and death. We sell more weapons to other nations than any other nation in the world. We have done far worse than the lawful sovereign of Syria can ever do. How many here will say Iraq was justified? We killed well over 100,000 Iraqi citizens. Anyone crying over that. One bullet at a time, or one gas bomb at a time, those people are still dead.

How many of you know that Assad was educated in America? How many of you know that he has been a strong and steadying influence in the middle east for a long time? How many who want to get pissy about his "abuse" of rebels in his country realize what the douche bags he is fighting will do once they take power? I have dealt with the types of Muslims Assad is fighting. Every last one of them needs a bullet in the head. The people trying to take power are our enemies. Assad is not. Or I should say, was not until Odumbo stuck his meddling fingers into the pie.

Don't buy into the media hype, look for the truth.

As for Assad using chemical agents on his people. I for one say so what? It is not our business. This is a rebellion amongst a people we have no interest in as a nation. Let them duke it out and we deal with the winners later.
Last edited by ScaupHunter on Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Andy W » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:49 am

You all are worrying over nothing, Barry has everything under control. :help:
Andy W
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:06 am

ScaupHunter wrote:Assad is the lawful King of Syria. His family has ruled that nation for generations.

A bunch of Syrian people want to rebel against their lawful sovereign. I guarantee you that those people were incited by external forces. Assad decides after tens of thousands of deaths of the people he is responsible for that enough is enough. He then escalates to using chemical agents on his enemies. Now a bunch of Americans are getting butt hurt because he is fighting to win in a war he should not be having to fight. All while one of our biggest complaints is that we don't fight wars to win them.

Why are chemical agents horrible? Because they kill people? Dead is just that dead. Chemical weapons are horrible because a bunch of nations a while back decided to say they were horrible? Why? They are indiscriminate killers. So is a nuke, a Daisy Cutter bomb, a cluster bomb, etc.... It is all a matter of scale. What is worse, dying over hours with your guts laying next to you, bleeding out from a missing foot from a land mine, or dying from chemical agents. War is brutal gentlemen. We have no place telling another nation how to fight it one. Most particularly within their own nation. I hope Assad prevails, then hunts down and hangs every piece of crap Syrian that is fighting against him.

We napalmed people in Vietnam. We are the only nation to use nukes. Twice! We as Americans have zero standing to point fingers at other people and say they are horrible. We as a nation are the merchants of war and death. We sell more weapons to other nations than any other nation in the world. We have done far worse than the lawful sovereign of Syria can ever do. How many here will say Iraq was justified? We killed well over 100,000 Iraqi citizens. Anyone crying over that. One bullet at a time, or one gas bomb at a time, those people are still dead.

How many of you know that Assad was educated in America? How many of you know that he has been a strong and steadying influence in the middle east for a long time? How many who want to get pissy about his "abuse" of rebels in his country realize what the douche bags he is fighting will do once they take power? I have dealt with the types of Muslims Assad is fighting. Every last one of them needs a bullet in the head. The people trying to take power are our enemies. Assad is not. Or I should say, was not until Odumbo stuck his meddling fingers into the pie.

As for Assad using chemical agents on his people. I for one say so what? It is not our business. This is a rebellion amongst a people we have no interest in as a nation. Let them duke it out and we deal with the winners later.

Just putting this out there...
What are the chances of the chemical attack being a false flag?

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:24 am

Indaswamp wrote:If Assad is removed from power, the question becomes. "who will replace him?" Schit does not happen in a vaccuum and If you look at the prospective leaders who could take his place, they are not exactly freedom loving individuals.

Nobody is going to be removed from power. The Dear Leader made a stupid threat and was embarrassed, so people must die so he can save face.

If when this thing broke out, we went in and wiped out their chemical weapons for fear of where they might end up, I'd have been fine with that. Doubted it's likelihood of success, but it would have been arguably a strategic action by the U.S.

If now we go in and wipe out their chemical weapons, probably not possible since we have telegraphed that we are thinking about doing something, they have all the time in the world to move them, hide them, put them under schools with please bomb here signs on them, or whatever they want. Any strategic benefit to the U.S. is long lost.

ScaupHunter wrote:Why are chemical agents horrible? Because they kill people? Dead is just that dead.
Because they are relatively small and relatively easily transportable relative to the scale of destruction. This is the same reason nukes are so horrible. It took the might of the U.S. military to flatten a city prior to the bomb. Now all it takes is a small group of nutjobs getting their hands on one nuke. The ability of a small number of people to kill a large number of people with great difficulty of stopping them even if fully aware of their planned attack.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:25 am

Hence the comment not to buy into the hype and look for the truth. :thumbsup:

I strongly suspect that the chemical attack is a false flag used to get us involved.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:51 am

Tomcat wrote...

"We have no business messing around in Syria, we are NOT the unpaid policeman of the world."

THIS, THIS, THIS, THIS, THIS, THIS, THIS...

A MILLION TIMES THIS!
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:51 am

ScaupHunter wrote:Hence the comment not to buy into the hype and look for the truth. :thumbsup:

I strongly suspect that the chemical attack is a false flag used to get us involved.

Obama has no desire to get involved and we will not be getting "involved" any more than Clinton got involved with Al Qaeda or Iraq despite bombing them. Cruise missiles and maybe, probably not even that, but maybe high altitude bombing is not really involved.

Obama threatened and they spit in his face. He did not expect that to happen, but now that it has, well some random Syrians must die.

He wanted to sound tough and just can't comprehend that there is that kind of evil in the world that would gas their own people, especially once he warned them. It was truly Jim Carteresque. This was not the first chemical attack. Just the latest and largest and they may have found that red line where Obama is left so red faced that he must kill people.

Involvement implies and objective. I doubt it will be anything more than a faux show of force and a few cruise missiles so Obama can address the nation and tell us what he has done.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby assateague » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:58 am

ScaupHunter wrote:Assad is the lawful King of Syria. His family has ruled that nation for generations.

x1,000,000
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby Rat Creek » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:32 pm

Let me play the part of a liberal for a moment- Syria didn't attack us. Obama is presenting false evidence in order to fight on the side of Al Queda, which is what he is doing. How many children could be fed for the cost of one cruise missile. No blood for oil. And stuff like that. :rolleyes:

Hey BHO, how is that Arab Spring working out for you? :no: :no:

I am sorry, but BHO is so pathetically weak that even with the greatest military ever assembled, the dirt bags of the world just flip him the bird. :yes:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby G20M1 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:22 pm

I don't know what everybody is getting worried about. A few cruise missiles, some explosions for the TV, a TV appearance by Obama talking about how he has degraded their capacity or some such thing, and we move on, problem unsolved.

For starters Iran has a mutual defense agreement with Syria, and if they get involved there is a small likelihood of Russia or China also getting involved. Now, will that happen, well I'm 99% sure that it will not, but to me even a 1% chance of WW3 breaking out is much, much, too high.
The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.
-Ayn Rand
G20M1
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:24 pm

G20M1 wrote:

For starters Iran has a mutual defense agreement with Syria, and if they get involved there is a small likelihood of Russia or China also getting involved. Now, will that happen, well I'm 99% sure that it will not, but to me even a 1% chance of WW3 breaking out is much, much, too high.

Russia has mobilized War ships to the area...could get dicey.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby clampdaddy » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:55 pm

Indaswamp wrote:Russia has mobilized War ships to the area...could get dicey.

Barack and Vladimir should settle it mano e mano.............pfffft :lol3:
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:57 pm

W T F is he thinking
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:05 pm

beretta24 wrote:W T F is he thinking

who? Russia or Obamoa?

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby beretta24 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 pm

Obama and his lackies...what do we possibly have to gain from stepping in?

I dare anyone to come up with a reasonable answer.
beretta24
State Moderator

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum