U.S.- War with Syria?

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: U.S.- War with Syria?

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:20 pm

beretta24 wrote:Obama and his lackies...what do we possibly have to gain from stepping in?

I dare anyone to come up with a reasonable answer.

Only one I can even remotely come up with is for some strategic advantage with either oil or some other natural resource, and the chemical attack is a false flag to get the ball rolling......
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby beretta24 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:38 am

Indaswamp wrote:
beretta24 wrote:Obama and his lackies...what do we possibly have to gain from stepping in?

Only one I can even remotely come up with is for some strategic advantage with either oil or some other natural resource, and the chemical attack is a false flag to get the ball rolling......

Makes no sense given our relations with Iraq and Saudi and our increasing domestic production. We're pissing off Russia for no damn reason and risking a lot. Syria has a schit ton more weapons that Iraq or Afghanistan.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Andy W » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:16 am

clampdaddy wrote:Barack and Vladimir should settle it mano e mano.............pfffft :lol3:

Wouldn't that require two men?
Andy W
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:37 am

Does the U.S. make empty threats?

We, through our President, told a piss-ant little country that doing this was crossing a red line and there response to the United States of America was quite clear Image

Quite a mess the great articulator made for us, isn't it?

A Truly Great Phony
by Thomas Sowell

Like other truly talented phonies, Barack Obama concentrates his skills on the effect of his words on other people -- most of whom do not have the time to become knowledgeable about the things he is talking about. Whether what he says bears any relationship to the facts is politically irrelevant.

A talented con man, or a slick politician, does not waste his time trying to convince knowledgeable skeptics. His job is to keep the true believers believing. He is not going to convince the others anyway.

Obama just needs to STFU!

He is an idiot. Pretty soon he will be the only one left that does not know it. He's the Ron Burgundy President.

A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby The Confederate » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:36 am

Now if war were to break out and escalate to WW3, I'd be willing to bet obama would try to pull an FDR.
Mickey Mouse Club Prostaff
The Confederate
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:51 am

The Confederate wrote:Now if war were to break out and escalate to WW3, I'd be willing to bet obama would try to pull an FDR.

Do you mean internment of Americans? He pulled nothing by running for reelections. That was the law then. Even the insanity that is the Supreme Court, he would never get better than a 7-2 defeat on staying in office. Sure he would be promptly impeached in the House, but would we get the needed super majority in the Democrat Senate? :eek:

It's not going to happen. After Hillary wins the Democrat primary, the will Vince Foster his ass before he has a chance to block the Presidency that she deserves for living with a scumbag husband for all these years.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:58 am

If WW3 breaks out with Obummer in office I am going to sit back and laugh until I can't move. Or, I may have to go merc. Instead of being a fighting mercenary, I will approach DOD for a contract to help all of our enemies feel appreciated and let them know that while we are busy killing them, the US as a nation cares!
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby assateague » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:57 am

And let's not forget that Iran has pledged to launch on Israel if we launch on Syria. Will they? No clue. But what if they do? Is that the point where Obamashits his pants, or does that happen a little later?
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:03 am

I would love to see Iran launch on Israel. I say we just step back and take the leash off Isreal. Anyone heard of the 10 day middle east war? No? That will be how long it takes the Jews to smash the forces of Islam in the entire middle east.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:14 am

ScaupHunter wrote:I would love to see Iran launch on Israel. I say we just step back and take the leash off Isreal. Anyone heard of the 10 day middle east war? No? That will be how long it takes the Jews to smash the forces of Islam in the entire middle east.

That...
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby The Confederate » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:13 am

I know it was legal what FDR did, I meant obama will try to do that, regardless of the 22nd. I meant nothing bad towards FDR. You have democratic senators proposing bills to do away with that amendment anyways, now throw a potential nuclear war in the mix combined with the gullibility and mental retardation of our country, and you have a recipe for a king.
Mickey Mouse Club Prostaff
The Confederate
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:27 pm

The Confederate wrote: I meant obama will try to do that
:no:

I actually believe Obama is sick of being President. He clearly hates the actual day to day job. He will go one of two ways and either be far more bitter and angry than Jimmy Carter ever was or he will enjoy getting back to a life of leisure where he can make grand speeches of no consequence and deal only with those that love him and agree with him while spending most of his time on vacation or at upscale parties.

At this point, I truly believe this is what he wants

SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:30 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:

I actually believe Obama is sick of being President. He clearly hates the actual day to day job. He will go one of two ways and either be far more bitter and angry than Jimmy Carter ever was or he will enjoy getting back to a life of leisure where he can make grand speeches of no consequence and deal only with those that love him and agree with him while spending most of his time on vacation or at upscale parties.

I think you might be blinded by your distaste for the man. I would be surprised if he doesn't love the power.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:47 pm

beretta24 wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

I think you might be blinded by your distaste for the man. I would be surprised if he doesn't love the power.
He loves power, but his actual power is a tiny fraction of that which he envisioned when he gave his acceptance speech when first elected and he thought he could heal the earth and move the oceans. Compared to that he must feel impotent and I doubt he is a big fan of that. Hell, even Syria flips him off.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:03 pm

Andy W wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:Barack and Vladimir should settle it mano e mano.............pfffft :lol3:

Wouldn't that require two men?

No. Just two people, each with a minimum of one hand.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby assateague » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:08 pm

WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague

Postby Blackcloud870 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:31 pm

assateague wrote:Image

:lol3:

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around why on earth we would want to get involved. Based upon what some have stated earlier, I almost think it's almost plausible to think that we are trying to get Iran to lose their cool, so they will launch on Israel, then let Israel solve 2 problems for us ( Iran, and the rest of the muslim brotherhood ), while we walk away with a hand washing motion and declare mission accomplished. Or am I giving them too much credit :rolleyes:
threedogs wrote: wrote:One word, Inflatable decoys......

DanJeffandJack wrote:I just drink beer and crush box.

That's how I remain the physical specimen that I am.
Blackcloud870
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:11 pm

assateague wrote:Image

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:13 pm

Interesting....treason anyone???
http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=223932

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby wanapasaki » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:22 pm

Indaswamp wrote:

Sounds a lot like Iraq to me...
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby assateague » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:12 pm

Is It Possible The Syrian Rebels (Not Assad) Used Chemical Weapons?

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/08/27/216172145/is-it-possible-the-syrian-rebels-not-assad-used-chemical-weapons

We don't even have an effing clue what happened, but by God, we're going to do something about it :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
WOLVERINES

assateague

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:13 pm

What about the treason angle Assa??

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby assateague » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:18 pm

Frankly, I try not to think too much about it, simply because it seems like such an incredibly stupid idea for us to even give a damn. I'll wait until it spirals out of control to pay more attention.

That being said, here's a short term prediction:

It will be appx 2 hours at the most after our cruise missiles land before there are images of dead/dying/bleeding children being carried through the streets of Somewhere, Syria. And why? Because by now, every possible military hard target has been either evacuated and turned into a "hospital", or it is surrounded by a bunch of civilians. Mark my words. But don't expect the liberal hee-haws to trot out any retread W-style hatred over it.
WOLVERINES

assateague

Postby slowshooter » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:29 pm

Syrian chicks are hot. That's why we need to invade. :lol3:
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:31 pm

That is funny stuff but so true.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum