Two Things

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

Two Things

Postby blindbound86 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:15 pm

Alright AZ cohorts, I want to put feelers out on 2 different subjects. If you ever get the chance to check out the honey hole on the main forums they do a "rambler" or a travelling decoy for each flyway. There has not been a lot of interest shown in the Pacific flyway. We need a few more guys to get on board. the long and short of it is we mail a decoy up and down the flyway from Canada all the way to us desert rats down here in AZ we hunt over it and post pics and mail it on to the next guy. It looks like a lot of fun let me know if you would have any interest in this. Also I have been talking to some guys about getting a calling contest going here in AZ again. If we got enough participation we could have it at an awesome venue that starts with a C and ends with an abelas. Let me know what you think.
assateague wrote:Know what tolerance is good for? Making more sissies. It's like sissy fertilizer.
blindbound86
hunter

Re: Two Things

Postby LaRedneck » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:47 pm

The "rambler" is volunteer based so we don't "need' to get people on board or you’re going to get some backlash on that. The calling contest is cool but usually for the diehard caller. SO post what you want on both accounts and let it run its course.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby blindbound86 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:22 pm

You are absolutely right Laredneck, I guess we don't "need" anyone but me shipping a guy in Oregon a block and him shipping it back don't make for much of a story. I am in if we do a rambler for our flyway anyone else who is in post up please and we can coordinate here on the AZ front. As for the calling contest you are right again they are usually reserved for serious callers but a few guys and myself were thinking about having a more "for fun" style deal. Not looking to get sanctioned or anything like that just another excuse for Arizona waterfowlers to get together and who knows where it could go from there. If we got enough participation maybe we can get to a sanctioned contest again someday. Please feel free to PM me if you are interested in any more details. The good news is based on what I have heard my last few years around the state there wont be much competition! :biggrin:
assateague wrote:Know what tolerance is good for? Making more sissies. It's like sissy fertilizer.
blindbound86
hunter

Postby MOB40 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:17 pm

IM IN ON THE DECOY PART...
Check out my FaceBook Page Azduckmensunion and like it... lots of talk about waterfowl going down all season long... https://www.facebook.com/Azduckmensunio ... e=bookmark
MOB40
hunter

Postby blindbound86 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:38 pm

@ Mob,
glad to hear you are on board man. go to the honey hole and sign up for the dates you want on the pacific flyway rambler sticky. we could trade it off or hunt together over it if you want.
blindbound86
hunter

Postby MOB40 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:44 pm

HONEY HOLE??? LINK PLEASE...
Check out my FaceBook Page Azduckmensunion and like it... lots of talk about waterfowl going down all season long... https://www.facebook.com/Azduckmensunio ... e=bookmark
MOB40
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:49 pm

MOB40 wrote:HONEY HOLE??? LINK PLEASE...

You serious :yes:
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby blindbound86 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:22 am

Here ya go man. its like the main forum on these boards: viewforum.php?f=4
blindbound86
hunter

Postby MOB40 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:49 am

LaRedneck wrote:
MOB40 wrote:HONEY HOLE??? LINK PLEASE...

You serious :yes:

whats happen???
MOB40
hunter

Postby MOB40 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:55 am

there is no dates left that would work for me i really dont get going till mid November...
MOB40
hunter

Postby blindbound86 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:39 pm

MOB,
I have it for Nov. 9-10, if you want a chance to hunt over it let me know we can hook up for a hunt.
blindbound86
hunter

Postby garthfishandhunt » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:04 pm

I have the Rambler reserved for Nov 16-17. If anyone wants to hunt with me send me a PM. I live in Tonto Basin so if there are birds on Roosevelt, we'll hunt there. If not we'll hunt where the birds are!!!!!
garthfishandhunt
hunter

Postby desertducks » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:46 pm

Hey guys why dont we just start one for AZ and Cali just an idea.
desertducks
hunter

Postby blindbound86 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:43 am

^^^^ I could go for that. I know a few Cali guys, and I got a decoy we could use.
blindbound86
hunter

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting