must read Texas Waterfowling book

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

must read Texas Waterfowling book

Postby tako1972 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:44 pm

Today I was at the B&N and I saw a book in the Texas section that I had seen online and wanted. It's called 'One Hundred years of Texas Waterfowling'. Great old pictures from the the times of 25 bird limits, live duck decoys and when pintail and bluebills choked river inlets, uncountable numbers. A swan taken on the coast! What a feast for the duck hunters eyes. If you enjoy looking at equipment from both past and present you will also enjoy this book, square ended pirogues, towed skiffs for the bays .You'll also see that the more things change the more they remain the same. I hope to look back on some pictures of all of us in the future like I did with this book. We are coming up on our time of the year again and I hope y'all make some memories with your friends , families and dogs etc. We are all blessed to have this opportunity. Good luck to everyone.
tako1972
hunter

Re: must read Texas Waterfowling book

Postby Duck Collector » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:10 pm

Theres a book about a guy that used to guide down here back in the early 1900's, but im not sure what its called. Its about a guide in the old days bargeing 50+ people out to a lake with 200+ blinds on it and killing 100's of ducks every day. Its a pretty neat book
1860 Go Devil boat draging a 35GDSD
Hooked on Quack
Duck Collector
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting