Duck Hunting Forum banner

Found my teal

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Specklebelly 
#1 ·
Tried an old hunting spot that I had not hunted in 25 years. A couple of miles of flooded flats with vegetation and standing willows. Every quarter of a mile we jumped a bunch of teal 5 to 12 in a bunch out of pockets in the flooded stuff. With out a mudboat it would have been hard to get there so hopefully no pressure. Lots of 6" water to get into the birds and it is cottonmouth country but the birds are there.

#7 ·
I was an avid waterfowler for years until one Sunday 1993 we came in with a limit of ducks and geese toward the end of the season. I dressed the birds, put away the decoys and wiped down my gun and put it in the gun case next to my calls. The gun, decoys and calls didn't move until 4 years ago when my youngest son had a craving for duck hunting and I went with him. Sometimes you just need a break I guess.

#8 ·
Jerkstring said:
I was an avid waterfowler for years until one Sunday 1993 we came in with a limit of ducks and geese toward the end of the season. I dressed the birds, put away the decoys and wiped down my gun and put it in the gun case next to my calls. The gun, decoys and calls didn't move until 4 years ago when my youngest son had a craving for duck hunting and I went with him. Sometimes you just need a break I guess.
Glad you are back in the water with us. That's a long break.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.