Import dead geese

Waterfowl topics at their best, post here and read others views on Vermont duck hunting

Moderator: yellodog1

Import dead geese

Postby gmannn » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:25 am

Does anyone have experience bringing geese you shot back from Canada? My understanding is you must have a wing attached but remove the head and feet. Is that so? They refer to 50 CFR 2061 but it is not available on the net. Is there anything else I need to know?
Thanks
gmannn
hunter

Re: Import dead geese

Postby vt.honker » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:27 pm

gmannn wrote:Does anyone have experience bringing geese you shot back from Canada? My understanding is you must have a wing attached but remove the head and feet. Is that so? They refer to 50 CFR 2061 but it is not available on the net. Is there anything else I need to know?
Thanks

:hi:LOTS!! Before you leave the States,get a USFWS form #3-177.... to declare your birds at U.S.Customs when returning to the States.You have the following options:1> declare a fully feathered bird, 2>a plucked bird with head or a wing still attached,3> a breasted bird with one fully feathered wing still attached. BEFORE YOUR TRIP, you should also pick up a Canadian Firearms Import Application for non-residents and have it all filled out BEFORE you take your trip.On the day you register your guns(can have 3 listed),LEAVE THEM OUTSIDE AFTER DECLARING THEM TO THE INSPECTOR. The Canadian officer in the building will run N.C.I.C checks on the serial #s you have listed on the form and then he will come outside with you to verify the guns you have listed .Cost is $25.00 Cnd. and you are allowed to continue importing for up to 2 months before having the form redone@ another $25.One last thing, :fingerpt: DO NOT SIGN :fingerpt: the gun form until the actual day you have them registered ...when you are able to sign IN FRONT OF the Canadian officer....MAY HAVE TO REDO THE FORM OTHERWISE.Send me a p.m.if you need more info...GOOD LUCK :thumbsup:
Last edited by vt.honker on Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
So many geese,so much ammo,so little time left!
vt.honker
hunter

Re: Import dead geese

Postby gmannn » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:08 pm

Vt honker
Thank you very much for the detailed response. Very much appreciated. I am on task now.
Gman
gmannn
hunter

Return to Vermont Duck Hunting