Austin Duck Hunters

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

Re: Austin Duck Hunters

Postby waterfowler0013 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:41 pm

I am new to duck hunting, just starting out here. I live north of Austin, in Round Rock, almost to Georgetown.

Anyone have any tips or up for showing me some of the nuts and bolts of this sport? I am willing to pitch in, work my tail off and do whatever it takes to learn this sport. I appreciate any help or tips. At this point, I think the best direction is a guided hunt or two. However, I'd prefer to stay around home and hunt locally and more often if at all possible.

Cheers fellas, Kyle :beer:
waterfowler0013
hunter

Re: Austin Duck Hunters

Postby mr2man07 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:29 am

Bumping this back up to the top. I moved here in January and had to start from scratch with my hunting stuff (long story involving girlfriend and getting screwed over). So I am looking for a hunting partner that wouldn't mind someone tagging along with them. I can call ducks pretty well, have my own gun but had to sell of my decoys unfortunately. I won't give out your secret spot and I am a hard worker and willing to put in the work and effort to help out. Let me know if you have any room!
mr2man07
Newb

Previous

Return to Texas Duck Hunting