Duck Hunting Forum banner

Mobile Decoy setups?

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  h2ofwlr 
#1 ·
Are there any decoy set ups/ kits that one person can carry by himself. I'm mainly going for Mallards. Many of the decoys I've found are big, I don't think I can carry very many of them on my back. I have one of those huge Military duffle bags that go on like a back pack. I was thinking of using that to carry them.

I hunt in California, in the Deltas and farm lands up north.

Thanks for your time all.

#2 ·
If you're packing them all in on your back, i suggest Outlaw Silhoettes. Bout $100 per dz. Very light and compact.

#7 ·
The GHG Full Body Shells are pretty light and they do stack great. In a normal decoy wide mouth bag, you could easily put three maybe four dozen in there. Plus, unlike silos, you are giving the ducks 360 degree looks. Now, silos would be fine to mix in with the shells, I just do not know that I would go purely 100% silos

#8 ·
I use featherlite inflatable decoys for whenever i hunt small flooded timber holes and sloughs. They look pretty good and move around with very little wind. They are extremely lite weight and are only about $14 per half dozen.
When uninflated you can carry them in your blind bag along with other gear. It takes me about 10 minutes to inflate them and put them out by my self.

My friends and i have been very pleased with their performance thus far.
Got mine at walmart, In mallard or pintail

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.