Pacific Flyway Rambler Sign Up

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut, lostpup, Preacher1011

Re: Pacific Flyway Rambler Sign Up

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:49 pm

The rambler is going out the door by Monday. Spoony is up to bat.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby spoonysmaker » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:07 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:The rambler is going out the door by Monday. Spoony is up to bat.

Looking forward to receiving it. Good luck with it this weekend. :beer:
spoonysmaker
hunter

Postby juwehoyt » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:09 pm

Oct. 5-6
Oct. 12-13
Oct. 19-20 spoonysmaker
Oct. 26-27 Chet
Nov. 2-3 jgoetz
Nov. 9-10 blindbound86
Nov. 16-17 garthfishandhunt
Nov. 23-24 Sgtstadanko707
Nov. 30-31 juwehoyt
Dec. 7-8 DUCKSPY
Dec. 14-15 Wanapasaki
Dec. 21-22 bknilvr00
Dec. 28-29 duckstoppa
Jan. 4-5 QH's Paw
Jan. 11-12 BigBlondeBirdDog
Jan. 18-19 fishonzac
Jan. 25-26 ScaupHunter

Here is the official PAC Rambler list... please PM the person in front of and behind you your address and phone number so you can keep in contact... If you do not hear from someone in front or behind you in the next week or so let us know... Looks like the Rambler is going to have a busy season let pound some birds... :hammer:
There are 2 types of public land hunters...
1. Those who hear the shots and hunt there next time...
2. And those who are the shots...

NOW GET OUT AND DO YOUR OWN SCOUTING!!!
juwehoyt
hunter

Postby jgoetz » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:47 pm

We doing a traveling journal with it this season as well? Also, we throwing trinkets in the box this year or are we negating that for cheaper shipping?
Talk crap, get hit!
jgoetz
hunter

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:00 pm

jgoetz wrote:We doing a traveling journal with it this season as well? Also, we throwing trinkets in the box this year or are we negating that for cheaper shipping?

USPS flat rate. It fits its ships. I think it will be able to fit into a 16 dollar box. That is also 2 day mail. Would it be cheeper to use ups or fedex.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Number of birds- who cares.
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for " I don't hunt so good"
Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:30 pm

The deek went out in a medium flat rate box. There is plenty of extra room in the box. A journal would be a great idea, and trinkets will have room in the box. The decoy is a standard size sleeper that fit in a box that cost $11.83 to ship.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby spoonysmaker » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:02 am

ScaupHunter wrote:The deek went out in a medium flat rate box. There is plenty of extra room in the box. A journal would be a great idea, and trinkets will have room in the box. The decoy is a standard size sleeper that fit in a box that cost $11.83 to ship.

The decoy arrived yesterday. It looks great scauphunter. Thanks for supplying the decoy this year. Do you want each person who hunts it to sign it like last season? I will go buy a journal so everyone can add notes from there hunt and help tally bird numbers. Can't wait to smoke them over the decoy. Just hoping I get a good state refuge draw considering the fed refuges might not be open.... I got the delta as a backup plan. Season is getting closer!
spoonysmaker
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:57 am

Yep. Lets all sign it and keep a journal of it's hunts.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby spoonysmaker » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:32 pm

Didn't get much for pictures today but will do a better job tomorrow. Went out with my dad, sister, dhc member duxnbass and his son. Should of had 5 limits but you all know how that goes. Shot 25. Mixed bag of mallards, pintail, teal, spoons and a ring neck. We will see what we can get in to tomorrow. Taking another member who is new to duck hunting and will hopefully get him his first bird.
Attachments
rps20131019_153052.jpg
rps20131019_153024.jpg
rps20131019_153001.jpg
spoonysmaker
hunter

Postby Chet » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:22 pm

Got the decoy today. Should get it out after cans and bluebills tomorrow.

Where do you want us to sign the decoy?

Best,

Chet
"Nobody can fully understand the meaning of love unless he's owned a dog. He can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." GENE HILL
Chet
hunter

Postby spoonysmaker » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:18 pm

Chet wrote:Got the decoy today. Should get it out after cans and bluebills tomorrow.

Where do you want us to sign the decoy?

Best,

Chet

How'd it go? :-)
spoonysmaker
hunter

Postby Chet » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:04 am

Great, had to wait until yesterday due to an unexpected mechanical problem with my boat. A plate in the battery broke loose and it went from starting fine to deader than a doornail in about 30 minutes. Of course this did not happen in my driveway when I started the boat on Saturday morning, but, instead waited until I was ready to launch the boat at the ramp a half hour later. :sad:

So, I headed out yesterday morning with a new battery and the layout boat. I hunted at the Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge. I rigged for bluebill and canavasback running two lines of bluebill decoys and one of cans for 75 decoys total. It was dead calm, but the birds flew pretty good anyway. I took my daily allowance of three bluebill drakes, two canvasback drakes and two redhead drakes.

I should have the decoy in the mail this afternoon. I am adding a DVD about the Bear River Refuge to the package. It has some great footage of waterfowl and other wildlife and tells a interesting story of the founding of the refuge. Watch it if you like and pass it along.

Best,

Chet

Last edited by Chet on Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Nobody can fully understand the meaning of love unless he's owned a dog. He can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." GENE HILL
Chet
hunter

Postby jgoetz » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:40 pm

Decoys arrived in a much smaller than expected box. Extremely high quality decoy I must say. It is sitting in my apartment until I hunt it Sunday morning. Stupid work calling me in on my 4 day weekend.
Talk crap, get hit!
jgoetz
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:58 am

The decoy is from a Lesser Scaup mold I have. I tend to use lifesize or slightly smaller decoys. I have never subscribed to the whole magnum decoy theory. Ducks find other ducks that are lifesize and land with them instead of magnum decoys all the time. :thumbsup:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby blindbound86 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:41 pm

Got the Rambler in the mail today. Awesome looking block Scauphunter, it looks great. I enjoyed the DVD on the bear river refuge and liked reading the journal entries. I will be hunting it on public land Saturday and at the club sunday. pictures to come. Thanks guys.
assateague wrote:Know what tolerance is good for? Making more sissies. It's like sissy fertilizer.
blindbound86
hunter

Postby garthfishandhunt » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:50 pm

I received the Rambler today from Blindbound. Unfortunately the forecast here in AZ is calling for sunny and hot this week and my scouting today was not promising. However, I'm not giving up. I'm setting the Rambler on the bow of my duck boat pointed upward towards the weather gods. I'm hoping the Rambler will open up the skies and bring down the thunder.
garthfishandhunt
hunter

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:11 pm

garthfishandhunt wrote:I received the Rambler today from Blindbound. Unfortunately the forecast here in AZ is calling for sunny and hot this week and my scouting today was not promising. However, I'm not giving up. I'm setting the Rambler on the bow of my duck boat pointed upward towards the weather gods. I'm hoping the Rambler will open up the skies and bring down the thunder.

Cool maybe that will help us in nor cal then. The cold is starting to set In along with the wind. Still not many birds in the area.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby garthfishandhunt » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:43 pm

Sunny, calm, 70 degrees at Roosevelt Lake, Arizona and as such, we were able to only scratch down 2 Mallards and a Gray. The Rambler is a wonderful decoy but cannot change the weather. Have to sign up early next year and get a weekend in December or January. The Rambler is heading north tomorrow to Sgtstadanko787 in Northern California. Party on Rambler. Power to the Poodle
Attachments
Rambler2.jpg
garthfishandhunt
hunter

Postby juwehoyt » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:59 pm

garthfishandhunt wrote:Sunny, calm, 70 degrees at Roosevelt Lake, Arizona and as such, we were able to only scratch down 2 Mallards and a Gray. The Rambler is a wonderful decoy but cannot change the weather. Have to sign up early next year and get a weekend in December or January. The Rambler is heading north tomorrow to Sgtstadanko787 in Northern California. Party on Rambler. Power to the Poodle

Not bad considering the weather... Love the poodle! We're just now starting to get good weather here in Oregon hopefully I timed the rambler right and we should be able to kill a few birds over him. Looks promising as long as it doesn't freeze up...

juwehoyt
hunter

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:06 pm

The decoy has arrived and brought the weather and new birds with it. Went out and got 2 sprig and 2 widgeon this morning. Might have to take it out for the afternoon shoot to finish the limit. Will be hunting with it the next 4 days should start to see some dead birds along side this fine decoy.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby juwehoyt » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:59 pm

Sgtstadanko707 wrote:The decoy has arrived and brought the weather and new birds with it. Went out and got 2 sprig and 2 widgeon this morning. Might have to take it out for the afternoon shoot to finish the limit. Will be hunting with it the next 4 days should start to see some dead birds along side this fine decoy.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Make sure you post some pictures and get some good mojo rubbed on that thing before you send it my way :wink:

juwehoyt
hunter

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:35 am

juwehoyt wrote:
Sgtstadanko707 wrote:The decoy has arrived and brought the weather and new birds with it. Went out and got 2 sprig and 2 widgeon this morning. Might have to take it out for the afternoon shoot to finish the limit. Will be hunting with it the next 4 days should start to see some dead birds along side this fine decoy.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Make sure you post some pictures and get some good mojo rubbed on that thing before you send it my way :wink:

Slower today. It was strange. Rain and milder winds the last 2 days great shoots. Went out today with
The rambler to my rice blind. 20-30 mph winds gust in the 60 birds did not want to move. Hen sprig and a
Green wing. Going out tomorrow to the pit again should be better.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:24 pm

Pretty slow with the scrambler. We had good rain and wind before he showed up. Then it was. 60mph winds and blue bird. Not much action for the weekend. Hen sprig hen widgion and a grw teal for myself plus a few other birds for my partners.
It's in the mail.
Attachments
image.jpg
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby Throw Back » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:44 am

Now this, is a truly amazing program
Throw Back
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:35 pm

garthfishandhunt wrote:Sunny, calm, 70 degrees at Roosevelt Lake, Arizona and as such, we were able to only scratch down 2 Mallards and a Gray. The Rambler is a wonderful decoy but cannot change the weather. Have to sign up early next year and get a weekend in December or January. The Rambler is heading north tomorrow to Sgtstadanko787 in Northern California. Party on Rambler. Power to the Poodle

That poodle is rocking the fro! I see a few guys in my area hunting them, the sing their praises. Nothing wrong with a little wet Frenchie now and then. :beer:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole