Duck Hunting Forum banner

Homemade cart dimensions.

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Dogman 
#1 ·
Afew of you have asked for the dimensions of a cart I built.
For those of you interested here they are.
Sorry it took so long but I have been quite busy with a million and three things to do lately.

The top end of the cart measures 32 inches.The lower section is 46 inches long.The width is 28 inches
The pivot point is a 2 inch by 3/4 wide piece of teflon stock,center drill for a 3/8-16 threaded rod running from one side to the other.The rod passes through the teflon and both ends of the upper and lower conduit.The conduit is screwed to the teflon on the upper section flattened end.
[siteimg]2000[/siteimg]

The wheels are 8 inch inflatables,much easier to move across wet muddy ground.Sometimes use a ten inch wheel also.The plate has a 3/4 x 5 inch bolt welded to it where the wheel mounts.The Ubolts connect the wheel plate to the conduit.There is a small 1/4 inch rod welded to the plates to act as a stabilizer and keep the wheels from splaying out.It is about hal way up from the wheel mount bolts.

[siteimg]2001[/siteimg]
The webbing is 1 1/2 cotton belt material.Each strap is attached using a pop rivet and washer to hold them in place.The belt is folded around the conduit and the rivet is attached to the webbing.

[siteimg]2002[/siteimg]

I used closed cell urathane packing material as a seat cushion for the cart,it is available at any store that ships packages.Sewn into camo material it makes a great ground insulator and it is water proof too.

Hope this helps.

Dogman

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.