Final approach decoys

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, fowlhunter, Remman, DUKHTR

Final approach decoys

Postby bean1187 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:28 am

Anyone have experience with Final aproch decoys how good are they , they look ok but how long do they last. Im cleaning out some old Flambeau and want to replace them with good quality decoys what have yall found to be the best looking longest lasting?? and who has the best prices
bean1187
hunter

Re: Final approach decoys

Postby Blake1403 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:47 am

I have wondered the same thing about FA decoys. I use all big foots. I just started field hunting last year so I don't low much about full body decoys, but from what I have seen a lot of people use big foots. I did just buy 6 hard core decoys. They look nice but there kind of small. I haven't use them yet so I don't know how well they hold up though. But from what I have heard the paint on FA decoys is not very good.
Blake1403
hunter

Postby bean1187 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:48 pm

Well thats what im trying to find out I hate to buy 5 or 6 dozen to see they dont last a year we hunt alot and move decoys so i really want some that the paint holds up on. Some one has used them just need some pros and cons now
bean1187
hunter

Postby riversledder » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:00 pm

I have had both FA duck and goose decoys. Had paint issues with the goose decoys. ( chipped and scratched off easy) The plastic seemed ok and was fine. Just not the paint.The duck decoys went back to Cabelas as soon as they came out of the box. 2 had cracks at the keel attachment and the paint job was very poor in my opinion. I have a lot of FA stuff, just not their decoys any more.
riversledder
Newb

Postby bean1187 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:09 am

Ok what decoys aerr yall using now that has quality paint on them
bean1187
hunter

Postby Black Smoke » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:40 pm

Check out Tanglefree fully flocked I have 7 dozen of the geese and 3 dozen fully flocked ducks and all are in bags. Very nice and the price is right!
Black Smoke
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:32 am

I personally wont buy any more FA deocys... I've babied my FB geese from them and floating geese, they all have lots of paint missing, hard to use head system and bases, flocking is pealing off, feet fall off, and one of my FB's has a random hole/ crack in it. the floaters are a season old and used maybe 6 times and they look terrible! lots of paint missing even on the head.

I'm going 100% GHG and dakota for floating ducks and geese, and Dakota for full body ducks and geese. As of right now I have 5doz GHG floating ducks, and a few odds and ends like bobble butts and such and then Dakota full body mallards. for Geese I'm running Dakota, Hard core, and FA full bodies, GHG shells, and Red head floaters (better than the FA's), and FA floating geese.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Return to Duck Decoy Forum